Joy Ridin'

2017 Figure Vignettes Group Build. Campaign runs from 01/07/17 - to 31/12/17. Campaign medals awarded for models completed within those dates.
Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Joy Ridin'

Post by Adam Durrant »

I've just got another face painting set Steve, the colours are a bit more "flesh" than the red brown of the AK set. Scrubbed the faces with IPA and re-undercoated in Chaos Black. I'll have another crack over the next few weeks.

No more progress on the base, have run out of "water". Not a lot to photograph on this build at present, so nothing for a while whilst I await a delivery from BNA. Have flipped back to the engineer GB!

Adam
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Looks like this ones on hold for a while. Ordered more AK "water" and a few other bits and pieces from BNA a week ago. parecel has been delivered...back to BNA. I've been told that Aus Post is having "issues" with its tracking system and despite the item being "returned to sender" BNA report they haven't received it. Luckily it was insured.. :(
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Sorry to hear that Adam. I hope it sorts itself out soon and you can continue on with this build. :)

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

BNA order finally turned up! The issue was with the magnifying visor I had ordered which has an LED head light. The batteries are lithium and so had to be removed before AusPost would ship :o

More acrylic water was in the order so the "swimming pool" around the wee Schwimmwagen is filling up 3mm at a time.

Might have to find where I put the hornet heads for the figures somewhere in the clutter of the Chata P build and when I get back from the US have another crack at face painting :D
Completed Campaigns:

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Finally managed to fill the "pool"...3mm at a time!

I tinted the lower levels to simulate a muddy pond/river. I left the upper layers clear so that a bit of the model is visible. Problem now is that I'll add some ripples/bow wave etc and it will all disappear again!

Next time round I'll cut the bottom of the model off and do a "waterline" like the boat builders do ;)
Completed Campaigns:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Looking good :)

Your water problems sound familiar :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Nice Adam. Looks decidedly wet. :)

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Got going over the last week with the AK Diorama "water effects" and "foam" sets. Looks OK to me, just need to suck it up and paint the figures now! :shock:

Completed Campaigns: