Dragon Marder 6420

Participants in the SHELF QUEEN Group Build post here.
Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

Dragon Marder 6420

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

I was looking through the stash the other day and found this. I forgot I even started this thing back in late 2010 or 2011. Got you beat Rob so don't fell so bad. :D

I remembered why I stopped. All the PE scared the hell out of me back then. Well it does not scare me anymore but it is still a pain in the ass.

Dragon does not make kits like this anymore. Lots and lots of goodies for sure including Magic Tracks. :D

Its to bad about Dragon. I hardley ever bought any kits that were not Dragon but not anymore. I hate the DS tracks. Thanks god we have other great manufactures out there now. :D

This is where I was up to. Great detail, wasted my time with the engine though. It won't be seen.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: Dragon Marder 6420

Post by Philipp Gross »

Nice start Shawn! That interior should look very nice once it's painted.

I have a Tristar Marder III H in my stash....I haven't started it yet......because all the PE scared and still scares me :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jan Persson

Post by Jan Persson »

Love the Marder :D

Will follow this with interest.

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Great start Shawn. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one. :)

Cheers,
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Post by Vlad Seabrook-Smith »

Love this little tank hunter, in fact I have one incomplete too :oops: its on my to finish list
Completed Campaigns:

Rob Matthews

Post by Rob Matthews »

Hey Shawn!! Nice one and I don't feel so bad - I think Vlad won this contest with his M12 155mm GMC :lol: :lol:

I so agree with you about Dragon. They really have been eclipsed, it's quite sad really. I can't remember the last time I felt enthused about one of their offerings, And you are so right - the DS tracks are just emblematic of their having lost the Zeitgeist.

Really nice to see this getting built up.

I have always wanted to do this vehicle from the Italian campaign, resplendent in "Light Mud and Black" with the crude roundel :lol:

Keep it coming :)

Rob
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Rob Matthews wrote: I have always wanted to do this vehicle from the Italian campaign, resplendent in "Light Mud and Black" with the crude roundel :lol:
And now me too :shock: :? :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Nice one Shawn! :D Back when Dragon was still demanding only moderately high prices for good kits... not like the present when they demand almost 100€ for a Tiger without extras and DS tracks... :?
I have a Tristar Marder III H in my stash....I haven't started it yet......because all the PE scared and still scares me :lol:
Oh please! I have bought mine at the same time and built it waaaay back, before I even knew Modelarmour and it went well! It actually went well enough for me to not be embarrassed by the kit and I still have it :lol: .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Thanks for checking in guys. As always glad to have you along.

That is a great pic Rob. You would need alot of paint brushes to make all that hay.

I really need to search the web for photos to come up with ideas :roll: But for some reason I never do. I guess just a lack of time.

Some further work on this one. This kit has alot of great details and features. One of those is a nice PE rack for the Ammo. The only thing I don't understand is they only included one of these and it is used on the ammo stowage in the lower haul. So the one that is going to be seen the least is the only one that has the PE frame.

Installed

I have the interior finished. Some of it is only dry fitted for now. Will need to be removed for painting which is next. My goal is to get the primer on today. Tonight we are going out of town for the weekend. :D I may had a radio in the haul but not sure. The instructions don't call for one but there is one included in the kit. I will have to scratch a bracket for it though. :oops:

Does anyone know what color the interior is. I have seen where the floor is green and the walls off white. Anyone know for sure??????????????

Thanks for looking

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Looking good :D
Shawn Ramsey wrote: Does anyone know what color the interior is. I have seen where the floor is green and the walls off white. Anyone know for sure??????????????
That would be the standard colour for German vehicles at the time, though it's likely the floor was painted the same ivory yellow as the sides at the time. Later vehicles might have started to have the floor in red primer.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns: