ICM 1:48 BF-109 F-4

Build a kit for 5£ or less. All subjects, all scales. Campaign runs from 08/06/20 - to 08/09/20. Campaign medals awarded for models completed within those dates.
Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

ICM 1:48 BF-109 F-4

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Talk about pure pressure. I guess it time to jump on the aircraft band wagon. I have never built a aircraft before so I will certainly need some guidance.

I bought this model a few years ago at a model show. When I bought it I thought it was only a figure set and when I got home I was surprised to see it had the kit inside. I don't recall exactly the price but I know it was less than $5.00. It was part of a huge score I got for a grand total of $33.00. The only semi proof I have is my post in the lasted acquisitions I made when I bought it.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3&start=1120

Anyways here is the kit. Right now Im not planning on using the figures since I have a Eduard BF 109 with an after market engine set that I can use them with. This ICM kit will be a great practice run. :D Im not sure when Im going to get a chance to start it. Busy with stuff at the house right now.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Re: ICM 1:48 BF-109 F-4

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Well I had the opportunity to get started on this build yesterday. Having no idea what to expect, since I have never built a wingy thing, at first glance I thought the kit over all looked pretty good. Well I was so wrong.

The instructions are horrible. It is very difficult to tell where some of the parts are supposed to go. The detail IMHO is not very good once I got started. Luckily there are not alot of pieces because the parts don't have numbers on the sprue. Kits like this really aggravate me.

To be honest if I was not building this to practice painting an aircraft it would have already been thrown in the trash. :roll:

The sprue pic

The horrible instructions.

The cockpit and engine are just about finished. I don't even know if some of the engine parts are even in the right places. Luckily none of it will be seen anyways.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Hi Shawn

All those years of translating Dragon instructions should start to pay dividends now ;)

Keep the painting practise as the focus, and that you will get to the fun bit all the quicker for having so few parts!

Better than wondering which of the 5 alternate parts are the right combination for the Ausf ? 5 in 1 option :lol:

I have 4 of those in the stash :roll:

Bring on the paint and enjoy

Regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Nice start Shawn! The amount of detail on that engine is really impressive.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

ICM instructions can be confusing Shawn. :( You definitely have the skills to overcome any problems you find so keep persevering with it. :)

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage