Mars Pattern Baneblade

2020 Science Fiction and Fantasy Group Build. Campaign runs from 01/01/20 - to 31/12/20. Campaign medals awarded for models completed within those dates.
Jan Persson

Re: Mars Pattern Baneblade

Post by Jan Persson »

Steve Hutchinson wrote: 12 Mar 2020, 06:37
Enjoy the kit, it will fill any self isolation that is coming yours and everyone's way very soon!

Coming to your screens soon CORVID-19!!

A don't touch tutorial for the rich and poor alike!

Have fun, we are stock piling chocolate and band aids??

I know! :roll: :lol:

Regards

Steve H
Oh yeah - was sent home from work today and told not to come back for 2 weeks :?

Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Still working... though the commute may take a hit.. that would be annoying :roll: .

AAAANYWAY - I went berserk yesterday and made some progress :lol: .

I decided fairly early on to replace, re-style or re-design the guns, chiefly because they look... chubby and SD like comical ;) .

Here's the barrels I used =>

First I did some things with the turret - initially not changing the barrel, but more on that later.

Here's the supremely chubby antennas... remember that they are not 35th, or even 48th scale but "heroic" 28mm... so they are like... what?...30cm? :lol:

So 2m German antennas to the rescue! They fit - Emperor be blessed! :lol:

Here's the coaxial MG... maybe it's a auto-cannon?... looks like an oversized MG though and bolters look different since they theoretically are fully automatic recoilless rifles firing essentially RPGs (remember: everything up to 11...)... but don't tell that the people producing the associated media, they always work like regular automatics :lol: .

Looks crappy, huge chubby barrel and no open muzzle... so here now replaced with a Soviet .50cal barrel :mrgreen: =>

Now this is a machine gun - actually in-universe a John Moses Browning .50cal... of course it HAS been in use for over 100 years by now ;) ... still looks laughably super-deformed :lol: .

And now for consistency with the same Soviet .50cal barrel.. it's super deformed (also with SKULLS!)anyway, so it' still closer to something realistic :lol: .
Also some proper ammo for the belt feed since the original one looks humongous... :lol:

Here mounted on the loader... cupola.. hatch... which has superior periscopes than the commanders... :?: :?

Interlude: Blood for the Bloodgod!

On with the running gear! =>

Here's the basic upper and lower hull =>

So here's the turret - it carries half of the two part 128mm PAK 44 barrel... works out pretty nicely in size, the entire barrel would have been too laughably huge even for WH40k :lol:.

Still looks ludicrously overkill and still suggests no room whatsoever for ammo in the turret :lol: .

Here's the twin bolter turret... replaced with 2cm KwK 30 because I will use the 2cm Flak 30 in... oh nevermind, will be seen later here :lol: =>

Now here's the thing - everything is overkill badass to begin with so why show moderation in adaption... so... there's the option of using the quadruplet flamers in the sponsons... yeah... I know, it's nuts... anyhow, I modified those quadruplet flamethrowers with 2cm Flak 30 barrels into quadruplet bolters... :mrgreen: :lol: (without the muzzle-break.. looks more evil now :lol: ) =>

Interlude II: Blood for... ah you already know... :lol:

Quadruplet-bolter-sponsons :mrgreen: =>

Here's the as-of-yet un-armoured sponson positions - you can place the sponsons in three positions along the flanks - I choose the centre ones - looks more Great-War-esque :mrgreen: and subsequently armoured the rest and put the secondary turrets (with 3.7cm KwKs, in-universe auto-cannon) onto the sponsons (they are supposed to be there... :shock: )... yes... up to eleven and stuff... :mrgreen: :lol:

Smoke launchers - surprisingly moderate (read: almost realistic) items ;) - though completely devoid of detail or anrything, so I put the smoke launchers of the recent IVG, which won't get them because GD did not use them until early '43, and put them to use ;) .

And here's the whole thing... it now has 16 barrels of hell! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also used the smaller "Demolisher Cannon" , i.e. a 38cm RW61 look-alike, and closed the gas holes from the rocket launcher setup since it's a cannon and added... well... a cannon to it, the 15 cm StuH 43 L/12 of the Sturmpanzer IV ;) .

Also: it's a monster... remember that it's heroic 28mm, so roughly a 1:56 scale thing... here's a 35th scale Tiger... for proportions... :mrgreen: :lol: ;)

I also like that all kinds of small items have setups or protectors in the shape of the gothic arch :lol: .

Phew - that's it for now I suppose.

No world is beyond the Emperor's rule; no enemy shall be beyond his wrath!

Raoul G. Kunz
Last edited by Raoul Kunz on 16 Mar 2020, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jan Persson

Post by Jan Persson »

Amazing work on the beast :shock:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Thanks Jan :D .

There is only the Emperor,
and he is our Shield and Protector.

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

WOW

Love all the updated barrels, they do improve the overall menace factor of the BaneBlade to a serious warp factor 10!

Still working?

Trouble travelling?

More time at the bench will certainly improve the build time!

Looks like you have fully embraced the GB Raoul

Well done
update due shortly
Regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

All that firepower certainly turns it up to 11! Lots of work there in a short time, no wonder the fingers took a pounding :D
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

That's a lot of Techno-Heresy - the Machine Cult will have your head for this (and turn the rest into a useful bio-robot) :lol: :lol: :lol:

That aside, this whole build is just awesome beyond words :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Raoul- That is alot of firepower on one tank. The barrels definitely took this tank to a whole other level.

Bring on the paint.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Thanks Steve, Adam, Philipp and Shawn :mrgreen: .

Okay, I base-coated it chaos black... does that constitute heresy?
I mean it's the colour of the Chaos Gods and Traitor Legions! :lol:

=>

I'm thinking of painting the whole thing in a French Great War pattern.
=>

The guardsmen to go with it would probably then be horizon blue - let's see :lol: .

Venerate the immortal Emperor!

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Matt Parvis
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Matt Parvis »

In a time of such serious concerns, this thread is like a breath of fresh air! :D

Keep up the good work.

Matt