Mars Pattern Baneblade

2020 Science Fiction and Fantasy Group Build. Campaign runs from 01/01/20 - to 31/12/20. Campaign medals awarded for models completed within those dates.
Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

Mars Pattern Baneblade

Post by Raoul Kunz »

All right, let`'s be geeky! :lol:

This is a ~300 ton superheavy tank deploying a frankly ludicrous arsenal of twin heavy bolters, lascannons, a baneblade cannon in the turret, a demolisher cannon in the hull as well as coaxial autocannons, dating back to the Dark Age of Technology and was deployed in division strength during the Great Crusade of The Emperor, now available to the Guard only in Abteilung... err. pardon me, battalion or company strength.

Okay, in case you haven't realized this (as if, I know :lol: ). but everything about this vehicle says "German type heavy tank" - just everything taken up to eleven - it's not just complicated, it's based on age old technology almost beyond understanding - it hasn't just a powerful main gun, it sports eleven guns and has a specific main gun named for the tank, it's not just built by some egocentric, overly concerned with mechanical perfection engineers it's build by the almost heretical techpriests of Mars, it's not just finicky and over engineered, it's imbued with and enabled by the Machine Spirit... and so forth - it's a complete parody, like everything about WH40k - you just have to love it :mrgreen: .

I will probably build the vanilla Baneblade, but the kit comes with parts for all of the eight version options buildable,so I might just do a tank hunter to kill Titans, assault tanks of all kinds or some other insane contraption - but again I suppose I will got with the Baneblade... :D

I will also build a gaggle of Guardsmen to go with the tank... with officers... and standard bearers... and heavy weapons.
I think I'll go with a WW1-esque trench (by the way - the huge scale planned Great War dio will still happen and this will to a degree be a training ground without having to historicity into consideration) situation in which Guards formations typically end up in.
=>

Still haven't decided in any camo or not-at-all-camo pattern, currently thinking about horizon blue for guardsmen and some French WW1 era camo for the Baneblade, but It's just an idea currently.

Anyhow, this will only truly start once I get the IV G done.

For the Emperor!

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: Mars Pattern Baneblade

Post by Philipp Gross »

"Ready to unleash 11 barrels of hell!"

This will be amazing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt Parvis
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Matt Parvis »

Baneblade? Wasn't that a sword you could find in Diablo back in the day? :D

Matt

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Of course it sounds like this - I mean look at the thing! :lol:

Everything in WH, let alone WH40k is a parody... of course there's a ton of kiddos who don't realize this but then there's people who thinkt Starship Troopers is a serious movie... or Robocop :lol: :lol: :lol: .

The command squad has a standard bearer for crying out loud... in the field... for a sci-fi army... 'nuff said :lol:
At least the Imperial Guard is an army and not a gaggle of nutcase hooligans like the Orks or a superhuman knightly order of genetically modified paladins.... :lol:

40k is just... insane for the fun of it :lol:

The Emperor protects!

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Jan Persson

Post by Jan Persson »

open the box, open the box, open the box - pleeeeeaazzzze :mrgreen:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Opening the box in accordance with the proscribed rites of the Cult Mechanicus of Mars probably involves at least two dozen holy incantations, Gregorian chanting (optional in binary) and plenty of incence. Otherwise the Machine Sprit will not be appeased and doom the whole project :geek:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jan Persson

Post by Jan Persson »

TBH, I don't really care - I just want to see what's in the box and how it comes together. Ohhh, the suspense :?

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

All right - Just let me get my gothic pattern longsword to cut this open... :lol:

For the appropriate feeling listen to this while perusing :lol: .
"When death and Mars align their union seals the fate of men..." *humm,humm*

(not joking, late medieval German gothic longsword by Albion)

Okay, what's in this?
=>

=>The versions . . . all totally mature and not at all like euro type power metal bands sounding variations of "blade", "hammer" and "sword" ;)
Seriously, every version could be a perfectly fine, if cliched, name for a power metal band... :lol:

=> Decals sheet - it's a GW decal sheet, i.e. you've got to cut decals out yourself... also: latin does not work like this... really doesn't... :lol:

=> Full box

=>

=> While pretty basic, the detail is sharp...

=>

=> Tracks

=> With SKULLS of course :lol:

=>

=> "small" guns... ludicrous - will be replaced with equally ludicrous but realistically dimensioned dakka dispensers :lol: .

=> More insanely big guns :lol:

=>

=>

=>

=>

=>

=> Crew... who naturally want to be driven closer to hit them with their sword! :lol:
Or hit them with their lasgun... or bolter! :lol:

=> Casemate for the assorted assault tanks or tank hunters...

=> Again, basic but sharp detail - maybe to describe it as "caricatured" would be more appropriate?

So... there's that ;) .

Cowards die in shame!

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Jan Persson

Post by Jan Persson »

This is going to be the coolest build yet to be seen on this site, I am just so excited 8-) :mrgreen:

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

That is one full box Raoul!

It only builds one tank?

WOW, you are really going to have some fun with this one

And you get to double the fun with painting it too!

Reminds me I have a SY-FI to paint too!
Update this weekend
Enjoy the kit, it will fill any self isolation that is coming yours and everyone's way very soon!

Coming to your screens soon CORVID-19!!

A don't touch tutorial for the rich and poor alike!

Have fun, we are stock piling chocolate and band aids??

I know! :roll: :lol:

Regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage