IDF M113 Chata P (Late)

2017 Recovery & Engineering Vehicles Group Build. Campaign runs from 01/07/17 - to 31/12/17. Campaign medals awarded for models completed within those dates.
Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: IDF M113 Chata P (Late)

Post by Adam Durrant »

Got started on the conversion parts today. The Legend resin is well molded with crisp detail....pity about the rear ramp and door I decide to begin with. The Academy part has 8 ejector pin marks on the ramp and 5 on the rear door that fits in the ramp. On top of this are several large "pits" behind external details. As both sides of the ramp will be visible I've had to fill all the big craters with sprue rod and then Tamiya putty. Lots of sanding later I've started applying resin parts.

IDF APCs have a grip tread paint on the inner surface of the ramp. It's applied quite roughly so hopefully after an application of glue and chinchilla dust any errors will disappear.

I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this one..... :?
Last edited by Adam Durrant on 02 Jul 2017, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Adam Durrant wrote:Got started on the conversion parts today. The Legend resin is well molded with crisp detail....pity about the rear ramp and door I decide to begin with. The Academy part has 8 ejector pin marks on the ramp and 5 on the rear door that fits in the ramp. On top of this are several large "pits" behind external details. As both sides of the ramp will be visible I've had to fill all the big craters with sprue rod and then Tamiya putty. Lots of sanding later I've started applying resin parts.

IDF APCs have a grip tread paint on the inner surface of the ramp. It's applied quite roughly so hopefully after an application of glue and chinchilla dust any errors will disappear.

I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this one..... :?

Reading your post, i was about to suggest that there was probably anti-slip on the ramp....but you beat me to it :lol:
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Big pause at the moment as I've just come off a five day conference and now have five days skiing in the South Island with the family. I would post a pic but just got the notice from Photobucket about the $500 they want if I want to keep using them for 3rd party hosting. Just signed up to Imgur like the rest of you fellas and am still getting to grips with it.

My practice has a website and I've asked my web guy if he can partition off a separate area I can upload to. Long shot but if it works out, problem solved.
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Got imgur working, just need to work out how to downsize images a bit. Anyone got advice on how you edit images on the site?
Last edited by Adam Durrant on 16 Jul 2017, 06:16, edited 3 times in total.
Completed Campaigns:

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Hi Adam

I use Faststone photo resizer, free software and resize to 1024x768

Just set up a resized folder, so you know where the converted images are, and load them up to Imgur,

It takes 2 minutes and everything is converted and loaded to Imgur and a good size too, so you don't need to scroll the image to see it all.

All my recent photos have gone through this process, and seem to be OK?

And it is so much better than PB

HTH's

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Adam, you can edit the images on Imgur also, resizing, cropping and colour adjustments are all exactly the same as Crapbucket. Apart from the fact that Imgur works nice and smooth :P
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Spot on Woody

Great for a single image, ,but I found it quicker to do a batch at a time.

Whichever suits your needs best

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Another good image viewing and editing programme is IrfanView. Looks a bit scary at first glance but with a bit of practice it's a very powerful tool with lots of editing options. It also has a very useful batch editing/renaming option.

Concerning Imgur, here are the basics:

Go to the top right corner of your photo until the menu appears, then go to the downward facing arrow. There you'll find the edit menu.

Once there, enter the new size, hit enter, click apply, then save and you're done.

Don't press "share to community" unless you want the whole internet to see your photos :shock: :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Excellent " how to" Philipp, thanks. Now I must get on to Imgur myself. ;)

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

With the figure vignette stalled I've had a second wind on this one, should have some pics up this week.

Adam
Completed Campaigns: