38(t)s Pzrgt. 25 of the 7th PD

2017 Panzer 38(t) and Variants Group Build. Campaign runs from 01/01/17 - to 30/06/17. Campaign medals awarded for models completed within those dates.
Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

38(t)s Pzrgt. 25 of the 7th PD

Post by Raoul Kunz »

All right - here's my (probably insanely ambitious) plan for the 38(t) build:

Several (either two or three, depending on what I can unearth about the types present at the date) 38(t)s of Panzerregiment 25, the armoured component of the famed 7th Panzerdivision (the "Ghost Division", CO during Case Yellow was Erwin Rommel...), are in the process of deploying from a road into line formation with infantry hurrying along into protected positions behind the tanks.
Set (of course) during Barbarossa, because most of my recent builds have been either Barbarossa or Case Blue ;) .

For the purpose I have two HoBo (Tristar effectively) 38(t) Ausf. B as well as a Trumpeter Ausf. E/F and infantry probably from several sets and leftover figures I have lying around here form various other builds with early pattern infantry (M1940 uniform that is) ...

I'll post the sets to be used in a couple of days and keep accumulating other ingredients here until I've finished the IIIA ;) .
(x2)
(I couldn't find the A/F ad hoc, I'll add it once I found it)

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Re: 38(t)s Pzrgt. 25 of the 7th PD

Post by Adam Durrant »

Ambitious Raoul but at the rate you build you will have it gallery ready before I even shoot primer on the Paladin :D
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

I look forward to your dioramas Raoul, they are always interesting and this one is no exception. Two 38t's and figures as well, awesome. :D Dare I ask about a cat making an appearance? ;)

Cheers,
Vincent
Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Thanks Adam, Vincent! :D

I don't know about the cat... cats usually really, really, really despise loud noises and my excuse for the one in the last dio was that it's deaf :lol: .

...maybe a shocked cat... hm... let's if I can find one somewhere... :?: ;)

Anyhow - still nothing built (the IIIA is still blocking this) but I have an unhealthy dose of "more stuff(tm)" =>

I also dug up the (badly dusted... :shock: :oops: ) 38t E/F=>

Now the slightly modified plan goes thusly:
First vehicle: Ausf. E/F since it sports more armour, already having left the road and preparing to engage whatever is shooting at the reduced platoon (it's going to be three tanks (nominal number is four), normal state of affairs during Barbarossa, later in the war it's more like 2-3 tanks in a platoon at any time...).
Second vehicle: The Ausf. G, built as a command tank, so normally second in a column if normal modus operandi is followed. It's in the process of moving into a central position in the forming line.
Third vehicle: The Ausf. B since it lacks armour and thus is most vulnerable, still on the road and - if I can manage it - also having been just narrowly missed by an incoming round (largely depending on my ability to model an impact).

Let's see how this eventually turns out ;) .

Best regard

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

This is going to be one large scene Raoul. Just remember as far as the GB goes all you have to do is complete one vehicle. Everything else is just a bonus.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Well.. if it turns out too ambitious (as it well might) for the time frame I'll just finish one of the 38(t)s and go ahead with the rest later in the year ;) .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

okay, I think I'll start out this evening with the project and do the commander for the IIIA when I do the commanders for the rest, but first: another load of assorted stuff=>

Grass! lot's of it! =>

Also Guns, and more guns! I'll post them later, they look beautiful! :mrgreen: =>

The Mauser 98 actually in the box is a proper 1935 Karabiner 98k, not the 1898 Gewehr 98 with the old WW1 era curved tangent-type rear sight (Lange Visier - not "long sight" as one would translate it, but "Lange [the lieutenant-colonel who designed it] sight") displayed on the box for whatever reason.

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Some nice accessories there Raoul. So to be clear what you see on the box, is what is in the box, or is there more than one Mauser in the ICM box?

I wish someone would release boxes of individual items. Like a whole box of nothing but Mausers.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

[...] or is there more than one Mauser in the ICM box?
Ohhh no - there's two! :lol:

Okay, there's a bit more, here's the sprue - it's primarily an equipment set, not so much a weapon set. While there are the three most iconic weapons of the early war era, the amount (two of each, when the nominal number should be for a partial squad of eight two MG-34, 5 98k and one MP40 if there's an officer) is questionable if it where a weapons set.
However it provides equipment for eight infantrymen IF one is an NCO and another an officer. Certainly nice to have in such quality!
(x2)

The MB set is much more of a weapons set, even if it has only one sprue, I have what feels like tons of those since they also come with every German MB figure set of the recent years...
This set offers, aside from most equipment for six Landser (that is the German term closest to "grunt"; early high German shortening of "Lanzknecht" [early modern mercenaries popular in the Holy Roman Empire]) this set offers..let's make it a list, it's a lot :lol: =>
2 98k
2 98k with fixed bayonets
1 with "designated marksman" scope
1 with "sniper" scope
2 MP 34 SMGs
2 PPSHs (both with either drums or stick magazines)
1 G 43
1 G 43 with designated marksman scope
1 MG 34
1 MG 42
2 MP 38/40
3 P08
2 P38
3 "egg" handgrenades
3 stick grenades
2 StGw 44

=>
(x1)
Oh... I also started the first of the 38ts =>

It's the G that will serve be the command tank and second in line eventually, I'll build it without front MG and with the Rahmenantenne.

That's it I think. ;)

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Would you rate the quality of the sets, better than Dragon equipment?

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage