Tamiya 1/48 Panzer 38(t)

2017 Panzer 38(t) and Variants Group Build. Campaign runs from 01/01/17 - to 30/06/17. Campaign medals awarded for models completed within those dates.
Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Tamiya 1/48 Panzer 38(t)

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

That bike looks to familiar. Mini art right? I built two of those things and your right the wheels were a pain in the ass. After I built the first one, I ended up using CA glue to built the second one. The parts were just some small and some of them you had to bend for correct positioning, the CA glue worked so much better. :D

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Matt Parvis
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Matt Parvis »

Yup, Shawn, it is the MiniArt kit. The wheels didn't give me too much trouble, just don't look too close! What gave me the most trouble was the frame pieces that go on the front wheel. I annealed the pieces the first time and that just made them too weak to work so I ended up using the second set from the kit.

Matt

Matt Parvis
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Matt Parvis »

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but, it is because of this thread that I have something to show. In looking to see if I had posted something else, I saw this thread and was reminded that I had started this kit. We've moved since I started it and I hadn't seen what I had completed in a long time. Inspired to look, I did find this kit where I had left off, further along then in this thread, and have been messing with it here and there since and am now calling it done.

You will notice it doesn't have any markings, that wasn't done for any other reason then I was messing about with the finish and ended up getting to a point where adding markings would be difficult, so, I just left 'em off! Simples! :D

The messing about with the finish started with some drybrushing a la Verlinden. (Oh, the horror!) I liked the way it looked though so continued on and with some pin washes, and some mud and earth effects I got it to a place I was happy with.

So, there you have it. Not the most complete model in terms of weathering, but, I am happy enough with it that it ended up in my 1st rank display cabinet:

Any thoughts, comments, critiques are, as ever, welcome.

Matt

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

That's a good looking little Panzer Matt! :D

It's good to see old builds finished, and resurrecting old blogs is the best way to do it in my opinion ;)

How about using stencils for a turret number? Should be fairly easy to apply even with the weathering already done. Eduard has nice self-adhesive stencils in various sizes.

But if you do call it a day, how about some more photos for the gallery? :mrgreen:

Philipp

PS: Your other stuff would look nice there as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage