Dragon Kettenkrad

2016 Towed Artillery Group Build. Campaign runs from 01/01/16 - to 31/12/16. Campaign medals awarded for models completed within those dates.
Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Dragon Kettenkrad

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Vincent Power wrote:Nice choice Shawn though it doesn't look anything like a White Scout Car to me :P :lol: I'll follow along to watch you work your magic. :)

Vincent
Don't worry Vincent. I will get a start on that in a few weeks(maybe months) :lol:

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Post by Vlad Seabrook-Smith »

Nice! as Rob says its not one you see too often, but it shows tugs come in all shapes and sizes
Completed Campaigns:

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Thanks Vlad

Some more progress.

Some extra detailing for the side walls. I added some cables. Not 100% accurate but adds some details. :D The engine compartment will be closed to nothing added there.

Well thats it for awhile. I have to head to Texas tomorrow for a class. I will be there all weekend. :cry:

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Extremely impressive, considering the size of that thing.... :shock:

Have a nice trip :)

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rob Matthews

Post by Rob Matthews »

Philipp Gross wrote:Extremely impressive, considering the size of that thing.... :shock:

Have a nice trip :)

Philipp
My thoughts exactly

Rob
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Thanks Philipp and Rob. It is really tiny and to appreciate how small it its here is a pic next to a 1/35 figure.

More progress on the home front. Had some fit issues but I think its coming together alright. I went ahead and primed the interior. I was going to paint it as well before assembly but I'm not sure if I am going with Grey or Dunkelgelb.

Some of these will find there way into the build. I have never painted a resin figure before. I'm looking forward to it.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Goodness, I didn't realise how small that thing was Shawn. :o Great work on the PE too. :D

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ian Shumsky

Post by Ian Shumsky »

Blimey, that is small!!! Coming along nicely :)
My sedentary pursuits http://www.outerarm.co.uk

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Thanks Vincent and Ian.

Well I decided to stay up burning some midnight oil last night. I added some mud since there is no way once the road wheels are in place I could apply it behind them.

I then started making up some of the tracks which I can tell you are the smallest tracks I have done to date. You have to be really careful with the glue so they remain workable. This is how small they are :o :o

With half the tracks done on each side I could not resist attaching the road wheels. I wished I would have quit while I was ahead. :?

I glued on all the roads wheels and after the dried for awhile I could not wait to see how the tracks sat on the wheels. They fit great. :D Then I went ahead and put the front wheel in place. The front wheel was no where close to touching the ground and the road wheels are not adjustable. I had no idea what happened.

I just so happen to have the the newest Kettenkrad release from Dragon in the stash as well so I got that down to see if I could just figure out what had happened. Well I did. It appears the kit I am currently building has the mounting holes for the axles way to low. I tried to remove the road wheels and axles with out damaging them but that was impossible. They were all destroyed.

So I had to use the axles and road wheels from the new kit. Its the same parts just re-boxed as Dragon always does.

So here is what you need to do if you are building the older release, The two axles on the right is where the holes are located and the directions tell you to glue them in place. If you do this they sit to low. After carefully lining things up I drilled some new holes where they should be according to the other kit I have. Hopefully this will fix the problem, 8-)

here is what it should look like with all four in the correct position. :D

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Thankfully it worked. :D :D :D The tracks are obviously not glued yet. Hopefully I can get alittle sag once they are. 8-) I can sleep tonight now that I got that worked out. :D

I had another dragon figure lying around and he seems much more proportional to the Kettenkrad than the other guy.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage