Sd.Kfz. 231: Fall Weiß

2016 Armoured Car Group Build. Campaign runs from 01/01/16 - to 31/12/16. Campaign medals awarded for models completed within those dates.
Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: Sd.Kfz. 231: Fall Weiß

Post by Philipp Gross »

Rob Matthews wrote: Tramadol should be sedating Raoul :?: :?: I'm missing that bit.
I should clarify that it's the sudden absence of Tramadol after several months that keeps him awake each night :?

Anyhow - despite the circumstances, that's a mighty fine model - very much tempted to start my own, at least after I finish a few other things and finally get some working space back :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Raoul Kunz »

I should clarify that it's the sudden absence of Tramadol after several months that keeps him awake each night :?
Yupp, that's the point - normally Tramadol just makes me sleepy, but no Tramadol after taking it (out of necessity, I'm not a medication junkie! :lol: ) for almost four months takes to behave like a mild drug withdrawal because it is a mild drug withdrawal... :lol: .
I do love the 8 leggers, this looks a peach too, are we to see another feline?
'ere you go :lol: =>

That aside, of course there will be cat, I have three sets of different resin cats for a reason :lol: .
I think you are building this fast to increase Shawn's psychic pain :o
Nononono! - Seriously... I will be building less again when I'm done with this current insane phase - building just happens to be helpful in staying busy - no harmful intentions here - really! ;)

The 231 will be on hold for a couple of days... no longer since the old Tamiya IV D is a joke complexity-wise :lol: .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
Last edited by Raoul Kunz on 22 May 2016, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rob Matthews

Post by Rob Matthews »

Philipp Gross wrote:
Rob Matthews wrote: Tramadol should be sedating Raoul :?: :?: I'm missing that bit.

Philipp
Aaaah - Now I get it. (We did say : Fat drunk and stupid :roll:

Rob
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Which one of the pack is the 4 legger, Raoul?

Anna wants to know :roll:

Recgonise the padded window sills, we have the same too, on every window sill upstairs!

I am sure the 231 will keep to the end of the week, when the IV D is completed, with figures and a base 8-)

Regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

I intended the IV D to survive without a base... but then a little basic thingy with some structure paste wouldn't be a tough thing to improvise ;) - I suppose structure paste has been around for a while longer than plastic tanks? :lol:
Figures will be only the commander, which is still, despite his age, actually a very nice figure.. a bit soft in the detail maybe but still better than some 90s Academy figures.

The loverly lazy lounger is Mowgli, once upon a time a 10cm foundling we hand raised from three weeks of age - he's the one with some Bengal blood and an ego thrice the size of the others two's combined :lol: (and he's also the one who can open doors...he even demonstrated an understanding how the key works, though luckily he can't turn the key for a lack of thumbs :lol:).

Recgonise the padded window sills, we have the same too, on every window sill upstairs!
Well - her family has some English blood via her great grandmother - that certainly explains the window sills! :lol:

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

I'm going to try staying up all night to give you some support Raoul. ;) I mean, if staying up lets me build as fast as you, I'm good. :lol:
Sleep is over rated anyway :?

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

I sincerely hope you haven't done so since you posted the intention Vincent! ;)
I know that I'm posting this reply at night /early morning again, but I'm allowed to do this by virtue of the "poor-sick-people-privilege" :lol: :lol: - I don't intend to create a self destructive culture of forgoing sleep in favour of building kits here! ;)
Thanks for the compassion however^^!

And since I'm currently having another one of those sleepless nights I decided to be productive!
Yay!
...still not a healthy prospect on more than just the physical level :oops: :lol: ...

I managed to actually build the wheels all separately steerable - I fully expected to end up with a tangled mess of glued solid wheels in problematic poses :lol: . =>

Then I went ahead and build the wheel houses ... and finished them just to realize that with those done I had just essentially finished the kit... :shock: :lol: . =>

It's probably especially explicit because I've just built the largely detail-free and simplified Tamiya IV D but still... this kit has an insane level of detail while retaining a positively relaxed buildability :shock: .
For all that's that worth: I'm utterly impressed. :o

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Ready for paint already. Wow.

Looks great. I'm glad you enjoyed building. There is not much better in life than a really enjoyable build.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

I 2nd that thought Shawn :D

and then painting figures, and researching a build and then paint the vehicle, and then........................

We have very full and competitive hobby for our limited time :roll:

Finished already Raoul :shock: 8-)

Another base and plenty of figures with a cat, to come ;)

Sleep will catch you, eventually, and you will return to a mere mortal building pace when it does :lol:

Enjoy the pleasure of building, normality is waiting to spring :roll:

Regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Love the steerable wheels, wheeled vehicles and planes look more lifelike when the wheels ain't pointing straight ahead :D
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage