Sd.Kfz 222

2016 Armoured Car Group Build. Campaign runs from 01/01/16 - to 31/12/16. Campaign medals awarded for models completed within those dates.
Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Sd.Kfz 222

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Wow, great job on the detailing with the etched parts - I'm currently building some of their equivalent contraptions in ultra-fine-little-fiddly-limit-of-the-medium-plastic parts for the 231 and I have to say: etch would probably have been a better solution :lol: .

Also great job on the gun combo... it seems somehow strangely familiar :lol: - I didn't know the kit had a turned barrel for the 2cm KwK, I wouldn't have suggested getting a barrel :oops: :lol: .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Thanks for the support guys.

I finally bought one of those sticky pick up pencil things for holding/positioning small parts. Still peeling CA off my fingers but it is a big help for managing small parts ;)

How do you guys apply superglue? I've been making a little puddle on the back of the old CD I use to cut PE on. I then apply with a sharp toothpick to an edge and use capillary action. Nine times out of ten I will still glue my tweezers or fingers to the model as well :x

Looking forward to the 70s build, no stress, no need to be 100% accurate, gluey finger marks all over the model, ahh the old days!
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

I'm also using a toothpick...and a little puddle on a sheet of cardboard. But I'm also not very good with photoetch :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Hi Adam

An old Humbrol paint tin , a little foil over the top and you have a small puddle to dip a sharpened tooth pick or cocktail stick into,
along with another one with accelerator in and a blunted cocktail stick, so you can get a nice sized drip to put on the super glue to harden it quickly.

Got that from Adam Wilder's PE DVD, works well too ;)

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

*subtly taking notes* :lol:

Up until now my "method" of choice was gel consistency glue applied with a toothpick or any other one way device of similar size :lol: .
I find that you can work much better with the gel glue... but that's just me ;) .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Post by Vlad Seabrook-Smith »

Liking this Adam, your updates have improved the overall appearance nicely, the gun assembly is the puppies :)

For such an old kit it holds itself well, have you tried one of the Hobbyboss releases?
Completed Campaigns:

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Vlad Seabrook-Smith wrote:Liking this Adam, your updates have improved the overall appearance nicely, the gun assembly is the puppies :)

For such an old kit it holds itself well, have you tried one of the Hobbyboss releases?
Just getting back into modelling after a 25+yr hiatus, so far have only built a couple of Tamiya kits (Panther G and Panzer II), a Meng (Whippet) and an AFV Club (Shot-Kal). So many more brands than when I first modelled! However I do have a HobbyBoss M706 Commando in my "new" stash! :D
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rob Matthews

Post by Rob Matthews »

Adam - You've transformed this kit - Lovely job - the gun assembly looks fab.

FWIW - I use a cocktail stick having placed some Superglue GEL on old credit cards - I keep a stash.

Keep it coming

Rob
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Rob Matthews wrote:Adam - You've transformed this kit - Lovely job - the gun assembly looks fab.

FWIW - I use a cocktail stick having placed some Superglue GEL on old credit cards - I keep a stash.

Keep it coming

Rob
At the rate I'm buying kits and modeling toys online I'll have a stash of melted or cut-up credit cards pretty soon :shock:
Completed Campaigns:

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Back to work on the 222 after the flurry of activity on the 70's build. Finished the kit, ready for primer. Just fiddling with stowage at this stage. This is what I have come up with so far, just bluetak to hold in place currently. Pretty much followed the pic on the Legend box. Any suggestions??

Completed Campaigns: