Panzer III based vehicles

Group Builds no longer eligible for campaign medals but which participants can still update. No new entries accepted into these builds.
Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Re: Panzer III based vehicles

Post by Vlad Seabrook-Smith »

I forgot just how well sovereign kits were produced, looks fun, those instructions are the royal edition! Very lucky there.
Completed Campaigns:

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Looks like it's already half finished :lol:

Well, that's one kit I guessed correctly who would be building it :mrgreen: Looking forward to seeing this one develop Steve.

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Steve- You have more references on Pz III than all my instruction DVD, How to books and ref. books combined.

I can not believe your starting your first 2014 build with a resin kit. You crazy man :?: I can not stand working with resin in general let alone building a whole kit. You are a better man than me. Good luck. :D

Nice choices for you other guys.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

John Hale

Post by John Hale »

Gary Boxall wrote::lol:

Made a start this evening on the wheels. Removed from sprues, cleaned up and sanded. The U in Continentau is changed with a sharp blade to and L on each rubber rim....

Gary

Gary,

Two sets of road wheels cleaned up in one day?? Your a mad man my friend!! :o ;)

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Hi Shawn

Crazy about sums it up :lol:

My hobby is split into 3 parts, collecting references, collecting kits and final and probably the smallest part is the making models :roll:

My Pz IV and Pz I references are a little more substantial :oops:

But crazy is as crazy does, Humm I am sure that is a quote somewhere :lol: :lol:

Back to the bench ;)

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Gary,
I had seen the thread or at least the three pictures. As there is no 1/35 scale Breda, I think I might see about that KPV! Thanks!
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Nice Steve, very nice! :D
Also, it's exceedingly great that it has Modellkasten tracks, resin tracks frighten me :lol: .

I started the Sturmgeschütz (Flammenwerfer) on the F/8 (8ZW) chassis. We do not know if some of those where built on the 7ZW chassis (StuG Ausf.F) since the only photo is of a F/8 8ZW based Flammenwerfer StuG (attached).
Typically for virtually all of the flamethrower equipped tanks ordered built in World War II for the Wehrmacht, this one was ordered by the head honcho himself as the GöFaZ apparently was a bit obsessed with the idea of "Kill it with fire!".
So a 10 vehicle series was ordered on the Führerkonferenz from 1-3.12.1942 and after promising tests of the selected flamethrower on 23rd of January 1943 and in May 1943 9 (and one additional in June) where delivered to the Panzertruppenschule I (school of armoured forces I). Just to prove that this was an awesome idea, sometime in July '43 one of the vehicles burned out after a slight malfunction of the ignition mechanism... if that isn't inspiring I really don't know :lol: .
Obviously they where never deployed and between February and April '44 the whole surviving collection was rebuilt with regular StuKs.

It comes with a substantial bonus of gimmicks for World Of Tanks ;) .

Also, he instructions are once again...annoying :? . If you've read the blog for my recent StuG you know my recurring obsession with pointing out the slight and not so slight problems with the instructions. And of course this one started immediately with two no-brainers :roll: :lol: .

The documented vehicle had no MG shield, but don't tell this to the instructions.

Also: the protective cage over the optics is definitely not and option with this kit.

Anyway, it's a nice kit of something slightly absurd and probably more of a deathtrap than an useful vehicle :lol: .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Nice stuff gents. The resin Panzer III looks intimidating...are the hull and turret solid blocks? :shock:

Nice work on the Flammstug. I guess you can start the M4A3E2 Medium Assault Tank in October at the latest? :mrgreen:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Behaving like a 13 year old:
You mean I should start working on my Jumbo? :lol:

I'm sorry I will stop this now, else it may cause reverberations and escalate into a severe case of pattering
:lol: .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Hi Philipp,

The turret and tub are actually hollow, thankfully :roll:

It all the other bits that are going to be a worry, especially the wheels and all the flash on them, I'll have to dig out my Dremil type thingy
attach them and sand, well that's the plan :roll:

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage