That weird little Prague Stug

Participants in the SHELF QUEEN Group Build post here.
Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

That weird little Prague Stug

Post by Philipp Gross »

Yep, here's my second entry. My Shelf Emperor, started about 2008 with a few bits and pieces worked on since then. This peculiar Stug III was a hybrid made out of an Ausf. E hull tub with an Ausf. D superstructure. It probably belonged to some training unit and ended its career in Prague during the uprising in May 1945:

This once was a Dragon Stug F kit, heavily modified with the optional parts that came with it and a new L24 gun mantlet made by Armorscale back then. Anyone remember Armorscale? :lol:

The figure came with the ancient Tamiya Stug IV. I painted him long ago, and probalby the stars were right or something, but this figure is even today one of the very best I ever painted. So I plan to keep him, even if there are far superior alternatives at hand.

There's not that much left to do, basically just tracks, detail painting, markings and weathering. If were to be properly motivated it could be done within a few days..... :roll:

More on that as soon as time permits. :)

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson
Senior Site Contributor.....
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: That weird little Prague Stug

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

An unremarked Stug :o :shock:
No longer ;)
The figure does look good,
You do have it in you, Philipp
Has she progressed!?
Regards
Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: That weird little Prague Stug

Post by Philipp Gross »

Oh god, my old shame :lol:

To be brutally honest I couldn't find the tracks in my unholy chaos of WIP kit parts. I've since found them - I thought I had them already cleaned up and ready for assembly, but in fact they are still on the sprues. Or maybe I had them cleaned up but used them on a different model...it's not like this is my only Panzer III based shelf queen :? :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage