Academy M4A3E8

Participants in the SHELF QUEEN Group Build post here.
Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Academy M4A3E8

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Good luck this time around. Or you could always leave it black. :D

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Sorry Philipp, I missed this completely. :oops: Don't give up on the Chipping fluid, it will work. :) You will need a couple of thin coats rather than one thick one. Also, when you add the water you will see the paint change texture as the Chipping Fluid is activated. Take your time and be gentle with your use of the brush at first. If the fluid is working you can control the amount of paint you take off. If nothing happens at first, increase the pressure slightly until you get paint coming off. The more pressure you use with the "Heavy" fluid the bigger the chunks of paint will be removed. Finally, remember the chipping fluid is just the start of the effect. Once you have removed the paint, even if it's too much, you can still go over those areas with a brush, adding paint to get the look you want. There is also nothing to stop you adding a second coat of paint and chipping it over the first one. ;)

Does that make sense?

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Thanks Shawn, I'll need it :lol:

I could paint it in various shades of grey and then pretend I only took black and white photos....yeah that'll work.... :roll: :lol:

Thanks for the advice Vincent. Whatever I'll do, I'll add way more chipping fluid this time.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage