Bronco Humber Mk IV

Participants in the 2015 4/6/8 WHEELED VEHICLES Group Build post here.
Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Bronco Humber Mk IV

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Steve I really hate you feel this way. I for one want to say I am sorry for not posting more. Several things affect that but I don't have a real good excuse. I really don't think anyone here is not enjoying your build or following. Sometimes replying is just over looked and we should not allow that to happen.

I do know there are some folks that only comment on blogs that they are interested in. Whether that is right or wrong I myself try to comment on every blog even if is something I am not particularly interested in. I feel if folks like you, take the time to post things them members should at least make a brief comment. We had this same problem on MA.

As far as the T-55 I don't know anything about them that is why I could not answer your question. :?

I hope you continue posting.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Hi Steve

Shawn has hit the nail on its head, and I am as guilty as everyone else :oops:

Time is short and it is often blog or build, and there just aren't that many of us, 103!

I always check out the viewed too, I rarely get much feedback but I blog for my sake, to get away from the solo hobby thing modelling has always been :(

I also put my blogs on face book after we joined, when MA folded :(

I also follow other sites and have found many of the MA members who haven't joined here at PA or who don't post any more :(

Its never easy but it isn't you, its us, sorry

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Really????
I am pretty sure this is a modelling forum, not a coddle me group. To not show your finished work because there were not enough replies is completely childish! I am getting the items I need together to for the group build (Bronco Humber IV) and opened this thread and looked and followed and was amazed at the last three or four posts. If you have been posting pictures for self praise only, shame on you!!!! This thread alone is longer than any of the pages of my build works. Your T-55 build was five pages long and all but ONE question you asked was unanswered. Unlike the others, I am not sorry I did not post previously on this thread. I do not look and post to this forum everyday and when I do, it is usually on topics that I find interesting. Hence the fact I was looking over it today as I am getting model and accessories ready for the group build. I have done the same on ML and IPMS/USA forums. This is a solitary hobby and the simple fact that you got anyone to comment should make you happy, not the other way around.
Last edited by Mark Aldrich on 10 Dec 2015, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Well said Mark! Regrettably I doublt Steve will be around to read it.

It can be difficult to keep everyone happy with just a handful regular contributors at the moment, but to be honest I'd rather have a small community of nice people than a large pile of raging idiots to comment on my work.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Not sure about well said, but it was truthful. I really don't want someone EVER saying a positive comment about any of my builds because they feel they HAVE to. I know I am not a great builder and I share my builds when I want to. For me to post in progress shots is sometimes hard. There are times I will get partially through a build and something comes up and it may be months before I get back to it. Makes the thread kinda dead. a recent example would be the GWS Manticore. I built it over a year ago while I was in the waiting room of the Hospital. When we got back home it was put on the shelf. It sat there for that time and I finally pulled it down to paint and finish it. If I had started a thread, it would have been dead for a year before anyone seeing the finished product.

Completed Campaigns:

Jan Persson

Post by Jan Persson »

Mark Aldrich wrote:Not sure about well said, but it was truthful. I really don't want someone EVER saying a positive comment about any of my builds because they feel they HAVE to.
Agreed - I much prefer constructive critism, that way I might actually learn something which is most needed ;)

John Everett
Senior Site Contributor
Senior Site Contributor

Post by John Everett »

Mark,

If you're doing the Humber you can find my old thread on the Mk1 version HERE.

You had posted comments through the build so I'm sure you'll remember it.

It's too bad about Steve. His work had come a long way between here and Vinnie's old site. Let's hope he's still modeling even if he no longer puts up posts.
"You used up all the glue...............ON PURPOSE!" - Darren McGavin

Completed Campaigns:

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

John,
Thanks for the link. I am going to do the Mk. IV for the group build. Starting a new post somewhere about it.

Completed Campaigns:

Steve Kubik

Post by Steve Kubik »

Mark Aldrich wrote:Really????
I am pretty sure this is a modelling forum, not a coddle me group. To not show your finished work because there were not enough replies is completely childish!
Hi Mark and thanks for the feedback. You know, you're right - it was childish. I think I was just burnt out.
Hopefully, '16 will be a better year for me.
Steve Kubik

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Sooooo.....welcome back Steve? ;)

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage