You should get this Craig

Non-armour projects and modelling questions go here.
Edmund Forsythe

Re: You should get this Craig

Post by Edmund Forsythe »

Thank Gary , that mighty nice of you .thats a heck of an ego boost now I got to buy a new hat .I'm trying to get Craig to start on the panzer IV E . There's no problems and it goes together quite nicely . Don't forget to get some extra thin cement if you don't have any . If you find the brush in the cap of the cement hard to deal with you can use any good quality paint brush to apply the glue . Or you can take a dowel , drill the end out and pop the glue brush on it . Now Craig if you want a real challenge , dragon released an earlier IV E # 6264 . But that one had some dimensional errors . If you really want to have fun , slice and dice that kit to correct the errors . Be warned , you have to be a die hard dragon fanatic because you have to have a bunch of dragon panzer IV's to cannibalize the unused parts to fix the bad parts . Or you could scratch build all those part :o :shock: .

Craig Skinner

Post by Craig Skinner »

Wow, I have to thank you guy's,Chris,Edmund,Steve,Woody and Gary for contributing to this thread that Edmund started for me!! Where to start? First I'm have not become a Dagonite (yet) As I said I've been staying clear of them even though they have so many subjects that I'm interested in building because of the negative reviews on there directions and fit up but with Edmunds and you guy's encouragement I'm going to jump off the edge and purchase the Dragon 6301 Panzer IV E Ausf Vorpanzer that Edmund has built and what a nice job he has done I might add again!

I'm so new to this armor building, (not modeling 40 years in other genre's) but I have only just recently purchased my first AFV kit A Meng T-90a MBT and I started there because of the stunning reviews that this relatively new company has been receiving and figured it would be a safe bet to dive into for my first build. I probably will be spoiled from here on out because this kit is absolutely amazing! The detail,fit up,engineering is outstanding and it is going to be quite a challenge too (1,300 + parts) because I'm not just building oob version, Tetra PE upgrade,SKP lenses and tow cable and I haven't even figured out which modern Russian figure's to purchase to go with it or the diorama that I would like to build depicting this tank!

Now Meng has at this time and projected releases that I want, especially there new Soviet T-10m heavy mbt,their WWI kits I want them to and many others like their new German MGK-TS19 Pannzerhaubitze 2000 self propelled Howitzer & add on armor, other modern Russian armor BMPT "Terminator",IDF Merkava's,French AMX's,German Leopards,British A39 Tortoise,Sorry I'm digressing into AFV heaven with just one company,lol..

With that being said they do not as of(yet) offered WWII German armor which I am also drawn to like flies on st..k,lol and Dragon,Tamiya,Trumpeter,ARV club,Talkom and a host of other companies are/do offer a mind boggling array of WWI, WWII,axis and allies, post wars,cold war subjects that it is deliciously overwhelming to me! I have so much to learn and you fine gentleman are graciously helping me out in this new endeavor! I am grateful to you and this forum and others that I have found to learn, study and to gain from others experiences/knowledge and wisdom.

It is difficult when starting out in something new,especially when one's interests are as diverse as mine but meeting Edmund! (He has graciously helped me out immensely) and then intern being introduced to you guy's has been a God send to me! So I can narrow my focus down (which is hard to do,lol) on where to start with WWII German armor I'm going to follow Edmunds lead as I said above and follow your suggestions with great interest.

Thank you all again and I look forward to more of your insight and opinions with great interest!

Craig.. :D

Edmund Forsythe

Jump in there . Live dangerously die happy . . The AC 130 gunship unofficial motto " we will blow up anything you want us to , and if you are not happy with the results we will gladly go back and blow it up again "

Craig Skinner

Post by Craig Skinner »

Heck I just realized that I didn't even mention my interest in war planes and jets but I'll have to save that for another day,my brain is already melting without going there! LOL.. ;)

Craig Skinner

Post by Craig Skinner »

Edmund don't even mention those gunships, like I said above I'll probably loose my mind if I/we start in on the Planes and Jets of war that I'm interested in!! :lol:

Chris Smith
Senior Site Contributor.....
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Chris Smith »

Craig,

Meng are relatively new but they have established themselves quickly, in part I think because they have ignored the WWII German subjects which have been done to death and tackled more diverse things. Same came be said for Takom, who do do German subjects but generally things that haven't been seem in plastic before like the 128mm twin Flaks. Both companies have also supplied modern civilian vehicles which were long awaited. Personally I'm looking forward to the Chieftains from Takom :D

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Craig Skinner

Post by Craig Skinner »

I agree Chris, Meng has brought to market subjects not modeled before. I guess I'm lucky to have come along at this time in AFV modeling. I to have seen Takom's 128mm twins, they look like a very interesting build to me! I don't know to much about Chieftain's but then again I know so little about all of this at this time,which I'm determined to rectify,lol.. :lol:

Edmund Forsythe

I flew in one . Or a couple of them .

Craig Skinner

Post by Craig Skinner »

That must have been one heck of an experience! Those AC 130's are one bad ass piece of equipment!! :shock: That would make a great modeling subject for sure.. :)

Edmund Forsythe

There use to be a kit out in 1/48 scale or was it 1/72 of the gunship .testor/italeri I think ? You know I never took any pictures , my camera got stolen when I went downtown the first time and after that I never bought another one again .