You should get this Craig

Non-armour projects and modelling questions go here.
Edmund Forsythe

You should get this Craig

Post by Edmund Forsythe »

Here's the Dragon panzer IV E Vorpanzer . I just have to develop some serious brush control and finish this . This was finished in Humbrol tank gray .
Attachments
025.jpgsave.jpg
025.jpgsave.jpg (184.9 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
024.jpgsave.jpg
024.jpgsave.jpg (177.95 KiB) Viewed 3867 times

Craig Skinner

Re: You should get this Craig

Post by Craig Skinner »

Your right Edmund I should get this and I intend too! Your build looks fantastic! WOW, You got to hand to those Germans are/were some serious engineering fools. I am continually amazed at how many armored vehicles they had produced for WWII and the variety and purpose built vehicles armor and softskin just amazing! So many available to model also, so many choices, so little time, got to love it!!

Craig..

Edmund Forsythe

There's a ton of panze VI's , A to J and all the other vehicles in between .

Craig Skinner

Post by Craig Skinner »

I just posted a request for more German armor recommendations on Armorama to you ,guess I should have checked back here first,sorry for the double question but I did ask about the armor in the battle that took place in the Ardene's,so another double post here. I'll start looking at the Panzer VI's A-J . I assume you are referring to Dragon kits right?

Edmund Forsythe

Don't just look at one manufacturer , they all hav eat pros and cons . If you can read the reviews , if you can find the comparison reviews that even better .

Edmund Forsythe

Okay guys , he wants to know about the battle of the bulge ? Can you gents help out .

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

That looks very nice indeed Edmund. When completed, you should send me some photos so I can make up a feature for the site's gallery.

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

Chris Smith
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Chris Smith »

The Ardennes saw most available German Armour used so Panther G, King Tiger, Panzer IV H and J and Flakpanzers, Jagdpanzer IV L/70, Stug IIIs, Hetzer, halftracks plus captured Shermans. There are also the Ersatz M10 Panthers used by Panzer Brigade 150.

For the Panzer IV chassis and Panther Dragon are the best out there, for King Tiger and Hetzer Academy are worth looking at.

I'm sure others more into German subjects will be able to expand on this.

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Very nice Edmund,

Great to hear you hit a "sweet spot" and were able to do some airbrushing, nice work too, ad from here it can be weathered by brush so it shoudn't be too long before you will be finished?

I have 1 or 2 or possibly 3 of the Vor items as Raoul passed on the Vor armour from his kit, for me to retro fit to a Pz IV D.

As for German armour subjects Craig, where do you start?

I am currently just collecting the early panzers, up to the Pz IV, but there are so many out there and Edmund is absolutely right, check out the reviews and builds on the interweb, it is a never ending story and still they keep adding paper panzers just to release another kit at Dragon!

Find something you like and enjoy it, it will be an enjoyable journey and the reason why some of us don't seem to wander too far from Axis armour :roll:

Just the odd Sherman, T-34 and Churchill, to cleanse the palette :lol:

Have fun

and nice one Edmund :D

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Edmund Forsythe

Let's see , I have in the stash panzer iv a thru F2g by dragon , I need the h and j . I kind of stayed away from from them because of zimmerit , got to break down and get them also . Oh we did not mentioned the tristar' they have the b,c and d versions . They are bit to fiddle with , they have the five piece hull . If you like the extra challenge they still build up real nice . Drawback on their tracks , you have to cut them out of the spruces and clean up afterwards .