Out of production kits

Non-armour projects and modelling questions go here.
Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....

Out of production kits

Post by Adam Durrant »

What's a good source for out of production kits? I'm looking for either the Academy IDF M113 Fitter, or the Verlinden IDF M113 Fitter conversion set?
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: Out of production kits

Post by Philipp Gross »

Your best hope would probably Ebay, but I'm aware that's not very popular in NZ? Shipping from overseas might be expensive too...

Another possibility is Scalemates. You can look up the kits there, they are linked with a handful of international shops and sometimes community members sell stuff too. In addition you can look for reissues of the kit by different companies that you might have overlooked.

I wouldn't invest too much hope in Verlinden though, they finally went out of business a short time ago.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

That sucks, I grew up with Verlinden as "the" go to for conversion sets and figures. Sad, they do a bunch of M113 conversion sets I was after!
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Peter Smith

Post by Peter Smith »

The M113 Fitter does come up fairly regularly on eBay. I think it's unlikely you'll find one in a shop these days. Last one I saw, a couple of weeks back, went for about £35 as I recall. I have seen them go well into the £40's. The Eduard etch sets are freely available for about £10 with shipping.

Legend have just released a new Chat'ap conversion for the 113, but that's a different vehicle: no crane, for a start.