Match the Modeler with the Model

Discussions, proposals and topics for Group Builds in this section. Group builds will be sorted by topic so that they can be used as a reference in the future.
Please note that new Group Build Topics can only be started by Admin or a Moderator.
Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Re: Match the Modeler with the Model

Post by Gary Boxall »

Mark Aldrich wrote:I like it! Can we start our own build blogs now or do we have to wait until Saturday.
Mark

Obviously, no one can stop you making a start and you won't be breaking any international laws or treaties ( :lol: ) but in the spirit of things, waiting until the start date like everyone else would keep things on an even keel ;)

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

Mark Aldrich
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Mark Aldrich »

No worries! Steve still has the thread locked and I already took the picture. I haven't even started the build and already one of the resin accessories I purchased will not work or is not up to the standard. I bought an after market accessory thinking I would do that instead of making another Sherman parts box by removing two needed parts. The resin part is no where as detailed as the kit part is! Win some you lose some!
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Steve Reid wrote:Important message for all participants!!!!

Gary and I spoke last night and we agreed that kicking off the Group Builds on Saturday instead of Monday makes a lot of sense.

I am thinking Saturday morning August 30th, 2014 at 00:01am Your local time.

If you have a strong objection - please post it here.

Steve
I object because I won't be able to start then either. :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet there will be some folks starting at 0001. Thats alright cause I will be sound to sleep in my bed getting the beauty rest that I need. 8-)

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Hi Shawn,

I think your 0001 will be my 0600 am so I I'll be opening the box of my build and getting stuck in :lol: :lol:

It will be my first build of 2014, so I am ready to get started, though it is completely different to anything I have ever built before, so it will be a challenge :roll:

Only 9 hours 46 minutes to go 8-)

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

I think it should be 12:00GMT, it'll give everyone else time to get up, have a brew and some breakfast before Gary finishes his first build.

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Not sure how the whole "LOCK" thing works but unless there is a lock to unlock it, we can't post pictures in the apporiate thread until someone unlocks it! It all works for me! Sunday-Tuesday I will be travelling back and forth to Missoula, MT so it is good. We are stopping at Fairchild AFB and Fort Harrison. According to Google and Bing Maps, Fort Harrison has a Priest and several (what I think are) Desert Storm vehicles on public display. Should be able to get some nice walk arounds of them all!

Completed Campaigns:

Rod Dumouchel

Post by Rod Dumouchel »

Calling Mr. Reid

Are you putting an end to the match the modeler madness(just kidding it was kinda fun, hope we continue this with future group builds 8-) 8-) )? Are you going to make us wait to find out who is building what until they blog (that would be cruel :twisted: :twisted: )?

Regards,

Rod

Steve Reid
Senior Moderator

Post by Steve Reid »

I swear you guys are like Children! :D

If you want to start early- take a picture of your model parts with a scrap of paper with tomorrows date on it. Then go ahead and cheat. I am not going to tell you it's OK, but if you can't get a model done by January 31st, 2015, the next few hours aren't going to help you (or hurt anyone else). :D

Just remember- the next time you knock over your glue bottle, or your airbrush splatters a nearly perfect paint job its the modeling gods settling up with you.

Let your conscience be your guide. :roll: :roll:

I'll post the secret decoder ring for the matching contest tonight, and we'll unlock the GB blogs soon after.

Only Gary and I can do that at the moment. Heavy is the head that wears the crown! :lol: :lol:
Steve

Steve Reid
Senior Moderator

Post by Steve Reid »

Steve Reid wrote:
Match the modeler with the model Secret Decoder ring!

Entry 1 Rod Dumouchel
Entry 2 Chris Smith
Entry 3 Philipp Gross
Entry 4 Vlad Seabrook-Smith
Entry 5 Raoul Kunz
Entry 6 John Hale
Entry 7 Shawn Symonds
Entry 8 Shawn Ramsey
Entry 9 Steve Reid
Entry 10 Rob Matthews
Entry 11 Gary Boxall
Entry 12 Gary Boxall
Entry 13 Justin Wooding
Entry 14 Justin Wooding
Entry 15 Steve Hutchinson
Entry 16 Vincent Powers
Entry 17 Mark Aldrich

Entrants who did not submit a picture in time- but are joining in:

Chris Meddings- Sherman
Dennis McQuillen- Panzer III
John Everett- Stug III

On the fence but secretly holding out - waiting for additional attention- you know who you are so pick a kit and dive in! :!: :!:

This has been fun! I am glad we did it. Maybe it is something we can keep in the future.

Steve

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

I'm not anxious. I am not going to start early. Just wanted to post my picture of all the STUFF that is going into making one stupid tank! Leave it to the IDF to kitbash a Sherman in 1/1 scale!!!! Just like the Air Force did with their first SpitFire. Can't wait to see everyones blogs or threads or whatever you all post! Love seeing WIP!!!!!

Completed Campaigns: