2018 Group Build: Assault & Heavy Tanks / Softskins

Discussions, proposals and topics for Group Builds in this section. Group builds will be sorted by topic so that they can be used as a reference in the future.
Please note that new Group Build Topics can only be started by Admin or a Moderator.
Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

2018 Group Build: Assault & Heavy Tanks / Softskins

Post by Philipp Gross »

I've just created the sub-forums for our 2018 GB. I've decided to let both of them run for the whole year, maybe we even get some completed builds then :P Feel free to introduce your projects, but as usual the start is on January 1st, if you're able :P

The rules:

Assault & Heavy Tanks: Anything designated as a heavy tank is allowed, even if it was changed later (like the M26). Vehicles based on heavy tank chassis are also allowed (for example ARVs). As previously discussed, modern Main Battle Tanks with extra armour packages are allowed as well. Assault tanks are a more difficult matter, but thick armour is a requirement. When in doubt, make a case for your choice of subject :mrgreen:

Softskins: Any military vehicle lacking any armour whatsoever. Trucks, halftracks, staff cars, jeeps, bicycles, whatever you want.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here :D

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: 2018 Group Build: Assault & Heavy Tanks / Softskins

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Wise words Philipp ;)

As I look at a finished base, with 10 painted figures but only undercoated heads, a little extra time might have made the difference :oops:

Same with the Pz II D bridger, just needed the oil paint rendering :oops:

21018, a better year for finishing projects :roll:

I guess they will all become shelf queens, so that could be another success, when i do finally get them completed :lol:

Happy 2018

Regrds

Steve H :lol:
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Olivier Carneau

Re: 2018 Group Build: Assault & Heavy Tanks / Softskins

Post by Olivier Carneau »

I think I'll enter with the Zvezda Terminator, heavy fire support vehicle based on a T-72 chassis. I guess it is suitable for an assault tank.
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage