2017 Group Build Pt. 2: Recovery & Engineering/Figures

Discussions, proposals and topics for Group Builds in this section. Group builds will be sorted by topic so that they can be used as a reference in the future.
Please note that new Group Build Topics can only be started by Admin or a Moderator.
Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

2017 Group Build Pt. 2: Recovery & Engineering/Figures

Post by Philipp Gross »

The second half of 2017 is almost upon us, so I guess it's time to start preparations for round 2, the subjects being:

3. Recovery & Engineering vehicles

4. Figure vignettes

As previously mentioned we'll begin on July 1st and end on December 31st 2017.

The overall conditions should be fairly obvious this time but of course feel free to discuss the topics and present your projects :)

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: 2017 Group Build Pt. 2: Recovery & Engineering/Figures

Post by Adam Durrant »

Well, decided I'll probably do one of the group builds for the second half of the year. I love M113s and all the variants there of so thought I'd do one of the many IDF variants. To fit the brief, this is the "Chata P (late)" engineering support vehicle.

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/parts-dec ... a45e41efba

The Legend conversion set is on the way from BNA, The Tamiya M113A2 is in the stash as are a few sets of IDF tankers and troops. The Tamiya M113A2 lacks an interior, so I'll either scratch one or steal the one from the ACAV kit I have. Shouldn't be too hard to scratch as it is basically a box with bench seats down either side :)

Now the legalese - The author takes no responsibility if this plan changes at a moments notice if something else bright and shiny takes his imagination. :D
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

That's a cute little metal box :lol:

As mentioned previously, I shall build this contraption, using the most excellent Asuka M4 kit:

This was a Bergepanzer created by Schwere Panzerabteilung 508 in Italy. The 508 was notorious for losing their Tigers to non-combat related issues all the time, so it seems obvious they were desperate for more heavy recovery equipment. Wolfgang Schneider's 'Tigers in Combat' states they had several of these, but this is the only one documented with a photo. Depending on how fast I proceed I might even build a Tiger for this thing to haul... :roll:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Are you going to model the dude in the foreground who looks like he's flipping gang signs? :shock:
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

"Yo dawg, check out mah ride! Haulin' da biggest kittens n' da hood!" :lol:

No, probably not in this particular pose :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Not sure what I am going to build and I may not even build anything :roll: Really tired of building things that have a deadline. :roll: I have nothing against the site for having a deadline. Its just something I don't like. It takes the fun out of it for me. On a positive note the deadline forced me to already complete a build this year. :D :D

Throwing in my two cents about the figure vignette. I would say a minimum of two figures and a small vehicle like a jeep, car, or motorcycle should be allowed. That opens up the topic to people who may not just want to build figures. The overall goal is something relative small and it has to include figures and a base.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Plan is to build one of these but using Takoms lower hull, running gear and tracks.

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Shawn Ramsey wrote:
Throwing in my two cents about the figure vignette. I would say a minimum of two figures and a small vehicle like a jeep, car, or motorcycle should be allowed. That opens up the topic to people who may not just want to build figures. The overall goal is something relative small and it has to include figures and a base.

Shawn
+1 from me on that. A small vehicle and a couple of figures on a base sounds right and not too tough for those of us who aren't really figure painters!
Completed Campaigns:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

If time permits after building the Berge-Sherman I might combine this and this into a semi-accurate recreation of an actual event :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Morning chaps

As it is still to hot to AB the Grasshopper, this will be the basis of the next GB, for me
I will have to make base too!

I might be able to add a vehicle, but we will see?

Not too difficult to see how it will look :lol:

WWII paparazzi :lol:

Not having raised a brush to a figure in a year, this will force the me back to figure painting.

I really do enjoy it, but don't know why I have lost all motivation to paint?

Roll on the 1st ;)

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage