2017 Group Build Suggestions

Discussions, proposals and topics for Group Builds in this section. Group builds will be sorted by topic so that they can be used as a reference in the future.
Please note that new Group Build Topics can only be started by Admin or a Moderator.
Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....

2017 Group Build Suggestions

Post by Adam Durrant »

So October is here and Group build projects for 2016 will be winding up. Got me thinking about next year and starting to get materials together. My suggestions to start things rolling;

-Self propelled artillery
Follows on from the towed group build.

-M113
"The most produced APC ever" according to the net. Could be as simple as an OOB build, or as complex as one of the many aftermarket resin conversions on the market. Lots of scope, the Israeli's really went to town on theirs. New Zealand turned theirs into an artificial reef off Timor, that would be an interesting build!

-ARVs
There are a few of these on the market, and could be WWII to current day. Aftermarket conversion kits are avaliable as well for those who want to do something more complex.

-What if
Was mentioned last year. For the steam punkers or futurists it could be open slather, for the simpler of us it could be as easy as "what if New Zealand adopted the Armata?" Scope here to add local stowage, markings, mods and colour schemes.

Just my 2c and a chance to kick off discussion :D
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: 2017 Group Build Suggestions

Post by Philipp Gross »

Is it that time of the year again? :? :lol:

These are all good suggestions. There are a few leftovers from last year which could be worth considering too.

My humble suggestions:

- Heavy Tanks
Everything considered heavy at one point or another, from the Mark I to whatever heavy tank was left in service last. Related developments count as well (i.e. ARVs or tank destroyers on the same chassis).

- Tank destroyers
Of the self-propelled variety. Anything with a motor that makes tanks go boom, be it a Jagdpanther or a Jeep with a TOW missile.

- T-34 and variants
The most popular tank of the 40s. Should have something for everyone....

- APCs/IFVs
Anything purpose-built to carry infrantry into battle under armour protection, including the M113 ;)

Now let's hear some suggestions :D

In addition I'd suggest we keep the duration limited to 6 months since the last GB lost a lot of steam after the first few months. Suggestions on that matter (and on how to drag some missing folks back to the workbench) are welcome too.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Olivier Carneau

Post by Olivier Carneau »

Looking at my stash, I fully concur with the Self Propelled Artillery and IFV/APC suggestions.

In addition, I suggest a UN vehicles GB, any land vehicle, wheeled or tracked, soft skin or armored, provided it is painted white or sports UN markings.
Another proposal is a AMX13 GB. Any type and variant (APC, SPG ...), any country, any period.

6 months are long enough to me. It helps concentrate on not too many projects at a time, like I'm currently doing :lol:
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Would agree with six months, tends to focus the mind a bit more!
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

As per Philipp's comment over on the latest acquisitions thread, the 38(t) would also be a good subject, Marders, Hetzers etc etc.
Completed Campaigns:

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

With every GB except the 70's OOTB still not finished

It isn't my strong suit :oops:

perhaps I will OOTB with the next GB, with an old kit?

Happy to go with whatever the rest of you would like ;)

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Adam Durrant wrote:As per Philipp's comment over on the latest acquisitions thread, the 38(t) would also be a good subject, Marders, Hetzers etc etc.
I sort of forgot about this one :oops: :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

At the risk of repeating myself, engineering and recovery vehicles. May be it'll be third time lucky this go. APCs would be interesting too.

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Well that's two each for ARV/CRAVs, 38(t) variants and SPGs. Three votes for APC/IFVs. Just a straw poll at present...

HobbyEasy has a bit of a sale on at present, already got six kits in my cart covering some of the above.... :D
Completed Campaigns:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Strongly in favour of ARVs too :)

I guess we'll have a poll in a week or so. Considering the overall number of participants we might as well come to a conclusion without one :roll: Maybe we can drag some folks out of the shadows then :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns: