Pigments

Whatever doesn't fit elsewhere goes here
Steve Kubik

Pigments

Post by Steve Kubik »

Gents,

What is the difference between MIG Pigments and Ammo of MIG Pigments? Are they both the same, just repackaged?
Steve Kubik

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: Pigments

Post by Philipp Gross »

"MIG" was the old company by Mig Jiminez. I'm not exactly sure what happened later but a few years ago he opened a new company "Ammo of MIG". It might be the same, but there's also a chance 'Ammo' stuff might be better since it's newer. I haven't used either before so I don't have any first hand experience.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Adam Durrant »

I’ve only ever used Ammo and Wilder pigments and they are pretty much of a muchness. Just got some Vantage Modelling stuff from Poland and they crow that theirs are the best as they are “uncut” unlike other “top brands” that use expanders like plaster.

I have an old bottle of Mig “gunmetal” still in The supplies and it goes on everyone of my builds with no issues.
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Kubik

Post by Steve Kubik »

Thanks, guys.

I was curious if there was some difference in the pigments. I was looking to reorder and couldn't find some of the MIG Pigments that I regularly use. AMMO stuff was all over the place. I guess I'll order some.
Steve Kubik