New site ideas

Anything relating to the site itself is posted here - announcements, changes, feedback etc.
Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

New site ideas

Post by Gary Boxall »

So, what does everyone want from the website? You can now simply put www.plasticarmour.com into your web browser and follow the forum link from there. That'll make it easier for people to hopefully find us.

The main pages will evolve over time and as I have a full time job (and many, many unfinished projects on the work bench :oops: ) patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated. Also, my IT knowledge and skills are somewhat limited (God only knows how I managed to get the forum working :lol: ) so don't expect miracles. I've made a start using the web host's free software but we can upgrade if necessary.

So, don't be shrinking violets when it comes to putting your ideas forward. At worst it'll be a no :D But as it's essentially your site it'll be great for it to contain your ideas.

Cheers

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

John Everett
Senior Site Contributor
Senior Site Contributor

Re: New site ideas

Post by John Everett »

Short of having A full time web master to watch the site, perhaps we could break up some of the tasks which Vinnie used to do among several of the regulars. If Gary gets his Tamiya Goat, for example, or I find a copy of Italeri's landing craft under the Christmas tree, perhaps we could do a Vinnie style review of the model before it goes back on the shelf or is subjected to sprue cutters.

Most of us have improved our photo skills to the degree that review quality pictures should be second nature by now. Granted, there will be some inconsistencies. Some of us will shoot a review on a grey or blue or black background and we each have our own narrative style. But when it comes to the bread and butter that we enjoyed at MA, the product reviews and the photo features, I think a core of about a dozen active guys could do almost as well as Vinnie.

Oh yes, and a favicon and a back to top button........and a puppy! I want a puppy....and a box of doughnuts.
"You used up all the glue...............ON PURPOSE!" - Darren McGavin

Completed Campaigns:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Nice work Gary!

I've noticed that only the "Site News" forum is visible for an unregistered visitor. Is that on purpose?

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Okay, website is starting to (slowly) take shape. I've created a Features section so if you have any old features you'd like to submit.... Please limit to a maximum of 16 images and approx 1024 x 780. This will be open to members only who have contributed at least 10 (non spam) posts on the forum. Final decision on publishing rests with the Management Team.

Gary

Eugene Tur
Site Contributor.
Site Contributor.

Post by Eugene Tur »

Gary Boxall wrote:Okay, website is starting to (slowly) take shape. I've created a Features section so if you have any old features you'd like to submit.... Please limit to a maximum of 16 images and approx 1024 x 780. This will be open to members only who have contributed at least 10 (non spam) posts on the forum. Final decision on publishing rests with the Management Team.

Gary
I agree with Gary that. Each user must be an incentive!

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Very nice :D

So, I send the features in via e-mail as before?

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Yep :D

Gary

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Alright then, I'll take a look at what I've got :)

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Ohhh! Nice - I'll get to work rummaging through my feature archives :lol: .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rob Matthews

Post by Rob Matthews »

Gary et al

Would there be merit in us having a profile/portfolio section?

Vinnie ran a series but then stopped. At the risk of sounding narcissistic, it would be an area where people can see our past work, evolution (or not! :lol: ) etc. Individuals can identified with a body of work, maybe 6-8 entries/pics?......and effectively bridge the gap between work on MA and here. Maybe this would fit the Features section or belong somewhere else....

OR...

Do we feel that the past is the past and work featured here reflects work DONE here?
Interested to hear your thoughts

Rob
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage