Gallery Feedback.

Anything relating to the site itself is posted here - announcements, changes, feedback etc.
Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

Gallery Feedback.

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

I don't know what the answer is but there does not seem to be much feed back from everyone when pictures are put up in the gallery. I'm getting old and I don't remember how it was set up on MA but it seemed like there was much more feedback when PF were published.

I hate to admit it but it is really nice to hear positive feedback about our builds. I truly build models for my enjoyment but I do like to share with my family here. It takes time to take the pics and upload them to the site so it would really be nice to see more comments about our finished builds. Even if it is as simple as "That's Looks Good"

Any suggestions on how we can post PF / Gallery pictures to make it easier for folks to post comments about them??

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

John Everett
Senior Site Contributor
Senior Site Contributor

Re: Gallery Feedback.

Post by John Everett »

Here's one:

Your Priest is feakin awesome!

I love the incorporation of plant bits as well as general dust into the weathering. How did you do the faded paint effect on the upper surfaces, oils, airbrush?
"You used up all the glue...............ON PURPOSE!" - Darren McGavin

Completed Campaigns:

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

John - perhaps you'd like to place that comment here - http://www.plasticarmour.com/phpBB3/vie ... f=13&t=139 ;) ;) ;)

Shawn

Valid point. Perhaps I should upload each feature as a separate topic rather than as a generic Featured Builds update.

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

John Everett wrote:Here's one:

Your Priest is feakin awesome!

I love the incorporation of plant bits as well as general dust into the weathering. How did you do the faded paint effect on the upper surfaces, oils, airbrush?
Thanks John I feel better now. :D :D Yes I used oils for the fading.

All joking aside I was not just talking about my builds. Take a look in the Gallery section and there are very few comments on anyone's builds. Some folks have several builds in their Gallery's but very few comments about them. I'm guilty to. :roll: I think they just some how get lost with the way they are being posted.

Not saying your doing anything wrong Gary. I love what you have done with the site and the fact that you took the time to get it all together. Thank You for that. I'm glad to have a place to call home. ;)

Again Gary thanks for all the hard work your putting into the site.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Shawn

Don't feel bad about making suggestions. Yes, I set this up and run it but it isn't all about me. Without feedback how can things improve :mrgreen:

I'll make the change with any new submissions from now and see how we go....

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

Rob Matthews

Post by Rob Matthews »

Nice one Gary :D

Rob
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

I guess I am the odd man out. I don't need feedback from anyone. I greatly appreciate the constructive comments when they are given and if you don't comment, that is fine. You guys are all great builders but unless your build is something I care about or am intrigued by, I probably will not comment on it. I also, in turn, would expect the same from you. I sure as heck don't want you commenting on anything I build because you feel you have to. That is not meant to be disrespectful just truthful. I will use one of Gary's builds as a example. He built a gorgeous Fl10 and it isn't even in the Gallery. Then he goes and ruins it (IMO) by burning it out. Again, no disrespect to his build or finishing, but once the burning took place, I really didn't like it. Kind of like finding a 1965 Shelby GT350 Mustang and then pouring gas over it and setting it ablaze. Again, my opinion and my preference. I build for myself and even though I have a semi-fancy photobooth, I am just as content snapping a picture or two of the models on my floor or table (hopefully more table builds for awhile) as opposed to setting up the booth and picking a proper backdrop.
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns: