Group Build Poll

Anything relating to the site itself is posted here - announcements, changes, feedback etc.

Sept 2014 Group Build

Poll ended at 29 Aug 2014, 23:02

Jeep (any U.S. produced Jeep, Willys, Bantam, and Ford). In service with any Nation
20%
Sherman (anything on a M3 Medium or M4 Medium chassis) In service with any Nation
47%
T-34 ( same as the Sherman anything based on the T-34 chassis). In service with any Nation
No votes
Panzer III (again anything On a Panzer III chassis). In service with any Nation.
27%
38(t) (anything on a 38t chassis). In service with any Nation.
7%
Panzer I (anything on a panzer I chassis) any Nation.
No votes

Total votes: 15

Steve Hutchinson
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Group Build Poll

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

We are nearly 70 in total, still less than 10% of MA , but only weeks old so far.

I have not built anything other than a Panzer in 40 years, but I will have a go, as I value PA and all the friends I have here.

If we can attract more interested people because we can play nicely together and share our ""secrets"" to the new and beginners and those who have different interests passions and phobias, we will all benefit from something new every day

To support my friends and this site I will build whatever we have democratically voted for, I would love to be able to share this experience with all the old and new among us from MA and at PA, and I am sure they will also enjoy the sharing of something different too ;)

I doubt I will ever build a Panzer I as a group build, but I can build as many as I like and keep putting them on a blog here for everyone else who doesn't appreciate their unique ness to gaze at in awe and amazement :roll: 8-) 8-) 8-)

Thanks for the Sherman tips chaps, I am following several on e-bay and have started collecting reference material, I have even undercoated my 4 British expeditionary soldiers, ready to paint, so we can all learn new tricks.

I still voted for the Panzer III, if I haven't already told you all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Steve Hutchinson wrote:We are nearly 70 in total, still less than 10% of MA , but only weeks old so far.

I have not built anything other than a Panzer in 40 years, but I will have a go, as I value PA and all the friends I have here.

If we can attract more interested people because we can play nicely together and share our ""secrets"" to the new and beginners and those who have different interests passions and phobias, we will all benefit from something new every day

To support my friends and this site I will build whatever we have democratically voted for, I would love to be able to share this experience with all the old and new among us from MA and at PA, and I am sure they will also enjoy the sharing of something different too ;)

I doubt I will ever build a Panzer I as a group build, but I can build as many as I like and keep putting them on a blog here for everyone else who doesn't appreciate their unique ness to gaze at in awe and amazement :roll: 8-) 8-) 8-)

Thanks for the Sherman tips chaps, I am following several on e-bay and have started collecting reference material, I have even undercoated my 4 British expeditionary soldiers, ready to paint, so we can all learn new tricks.

I still voted for the Panzer III, if I haven't already told you all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve H
Now that is the kind of positive attitude we need around here. We all could find a new passion by building out of our comfort zones.

If the Sherman comes out on top you could always build a Firefly and have your troops next to it. :D

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Rod Dumouchel

Post by Rod Dumouchel »

Steve Hutchinson wrote:To support my friends and this site I will build whatever we have democratically voted for, I would love to be able to share this experience with all the old and new among us from MA and at PA, and I am sure they will also enjoy the sharing of something different too ;)

Steve H
Well said Steve, but it's not over yet I suppect the race will get much closer than it is now. We stiil could be building Jeeps, 38(t)s, or even T=34s. :shock:

Regards,

Rod

Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

My reply before was a bit short as I was on my phone at work.

I would have liked the group build to be something to get everyone out of their comfort zones and get something different being built on the site. As it is, apart from the 38(t) I can't see anything on the list that isn't already being built on the site and that's what I meant by an underwhelming choice ie nothing that would inspire me to go and buy something just to be able take part in the group build.I've been really busy at work doing 6 day weeks and so missed being able to add to what was discussed in the other thread about starting a group build.

I still stand by my None of the above vote which doesn't mean I won't join in with whatever is decided, just that there is nothing on the list that grabs my attention.

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Chris Smith wrote:My reply before was a bit short as I was on my phone at work.

I would have liked the group build to be something to get everyone out of their comfort zones and get something different being built on the site. As it is, apart from the 38(t) I can't see anything on the list that isn't already being built on the site and that's what I meant by an underwhelming choice ie nothing that would inspire me to go and buy something just to be able take part in the group build.I've been really busy at work doing 6 day weeks and so missed being able to add to what was discussed in the other thread about starting a group build.

I still stand by my None of the above vote which doesn't mean I won't join in with whatever is decided, just that there is nothing on the list that grabs my attention.

Chris
Now that sounds a whole lot better than how it came across the first time. :D

To get out of most of our comfort zones would mean building a ship. :o There is nothing wrong with ships Vlad and Rob. I would build one to. :D

Lets just get things started and we can figure out what we want to do with the next topic.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

I guess we're not going to please everyone no matter what GB is decided upon. As Shawn says, there will be other builds in the future which will also result in some people feeling uninspired. But there is nothing stopping anyone from suggesting another GB which could be their own preference :mrgreen:
Yes I would prefer a Sherman as Jeep wouldn't inspire me, but in the spirit of things I would join in as it's meant to be fun after all - plus it's building a model kit. That's why were here isn't it :lol:

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

Steve Reid
Senior Moderator

Post by Steve Reid »

I will shamelessly admit that I used this group build to recruit a friend who builds Shermans, and would fit in well around here!

Yes he voted for the Sherman! He will build it if the Sherman is selected, and while he is checking he might just start to enjoy the forum.

Raoul - recruit some Panzer III fans, John round up some Jeep guys.

AND... don't worry about Chris because while we are doing this, Chris will be keeping the Blogs humming with whatever strikes his fancy. I know that if the Group Builds become popular I won't be doing all of them. I never took any offense to his comment.

Gary- Jeeps, M151 Mutt, Kubelwagen. Its never really about the vehicle- it is about the load of crazy stowage! :D

This topic has created a bit of a buzz and 120 hits so far. We are going to need this one and many more like it to get the forum up and running like we want! :D

Steve

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Steve Reid wrote:I will shamelessly admit that I used this group build to recruit a friend who builds Shermans, and would fit in well around here!

Yes he voted for the Sherman! He will build it if the Sherman is selected, and while he is checking he might just start to enjoy the forum.

Raoul - recruit some Panzer III fans, John round up some Jeep guys.

AND... don't worry about Chris because while we are doing this, Chris will be keeping the Blogs humming with whatever strikes his fancy. I know that if the Group Builds become popular I won't be doing all of them. I never took any offense to his comment.

Gary- Jeeps, M151 Mutt, Kubelwagen. Its never really about the vehicle- it is about the load of crazy stowage! :D

This topic has created a bit of a buzz and 120 hits so far. We are going to need this one and many more like it to get the forum up and running like we want! :D

Steve
Don't tell Greg you invited a Sherman guy and not a T-34 guy. :lol: :lol:

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Do we really need to wait 15 days. I think a week should be plenty of time for folks to vote. Then we can have a week to figue out what we are going to build.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Be like a doctor Shawn and have patience :lol: :lol:
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!