Group Build Poll

Anything relating to the site itself is posted here - announcements, changes, feedback etc.

Sept 2014 Group Build

Poll ended at 29 Aug 2014, 23:02

Jeep (any U.S. produced Jeep, Willys, Bantam, and Ford). In service with any Nation
20%
Sherman (anything on a M3 Medium or M4 Medium chassis) In service with any Nation
47%
T-34 ( same as the Sherman anything based on the T-34 chassis). In service with any Nation
No votes
Panzer III (again anything On a Panzer III chassis). In service with any Nation.
27%
38(t) (anything on a 38t chassis). In service with any Nation.
7%
Panzer I (anything on a panzer I chassis) any Nation.
No votes

Total votes: 15

Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Group Build Poll

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Come on people! There are a lot a variations of the ZW (Panzer III) chassis!
..yea I know, I'm a voice crying in the wilderness... :lol:

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

You're missing a none of the above button which is how I would cast my vote.

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

I'm in with the Panzer III boys as a lone vote for the Pz I is a bit of a waste :(

Are Tasca the better OOTB builds for Shermans?

They seem to be the ones you guys prefer to have in the stash.

I'm looking for one already and it will be a beauty, errr beute, Freudian slip there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Evil-Bay here I come!

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Reid
Senior Moderator

Post by Steve Reid »

I see we have three contenders thus far-

I can visualize something for any of those options, so I am happy. :D

Shermans early lead has evaporated- so we shall see.

Chris- we'll see how this goes and if it is successful maybe we can do something modern. :D

Steve

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Steve Hutchinson wrote:

Hi Steve, i have mostly Dragon Shermans in my stash. I'm thinking of buying a Asuka one just so i don't get caught up trying to fix an awkward kit. Don't forget the two new Tamiya kits are actually Asuka ones re-boxed and you can pick them up cheaper.
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!

Rod Dumouchel

Post by Rod Dumouchel »

Justin Wooding wrote:
Steve Hutchinson wrote:

Hi Steve, i have mostly Dragon Shermans in my stash. I'm thinking of buying a Asuka one just so i don't get caught up trying to fix an awkward kit. Don't forget the two new Tamiya kits are actually Asuka ones re-boxed and you can pick them up cheaper.
The nice thing about the Asuka rebox kits is they are cheaper than the Original Tasca/Asuka kits with figures and better instructions. I also have a number of Dragon Shermans they are good for the most part (depending on the kit better than the old Tamiya kits, and slightly better than the old Italari kits).

The two newest Tamiya Shermans are ok as well (M51 and M1 Super Sherman). The M51 is all new, supension and tracks don't compare to the Asuka offerings in my opion, but Asuka/Taska offers or used to offer a replacement suspension and track set. The M1 is new from the sponsons up, has the old lower tub and suspension from the old M4/M4A3 kit, but you can also pick up a replacement suspension kit from Taska/Asuka for it as well just need to add some missing details on the hull itself. You don't have to model it as a M1 Super Sherman (IDF Designation) It is a second batch M4A1 76mm (so late 1944 to 1945).

Regards,
Rod
Last edited by Rod Dumouchel on 15 Aug 2014, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Steve,

I have kits for 4 out of the six choices, I just feel completely underwhelmed by the choices. Maybe next time around.

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Chris Smith wrote:Steve,

I have kits for 4 out of the six choices, I just feel completely underwhelmed by the choices. Maybe next time around.

Chris
This whole thing is supposed to make things fun and no matter what topic we end up with, someone here may not be interested. Part of the reason doing this is to try different things.

Like you Chris I only have 3 out of the 4 kits to choose from, but if something is chosen that I don't have I will go pick one up to participate and try something I don't normally build. Once I start it if the enjoyment is not there then I will just not complete the build. How many different unfinished kits does everyone have on their shelves?

Now lets make this an enjoyable experience and remember just because we are doing a group build does not mean you can't build something else at the same time. :D Plus when this one is done we can move onto something different. Maybe one day we might even give a plane or ship a try. :o

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Rod Dumouchel

Post by Rod Dumouchel »

Shawn Ramsey wrote:

Now lets make this an enjoyable experience and remember just because we are doing a group build does not mean you can't build something else at the same time. :D Plus when this one is done we can move onto something different. Maybe one day we might even give a plane or ship a try. :o

Shawn
Egad Shawn, a plane or a ship? :o :o next thing you will suggest a ............. Gundam :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Rod

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Rod Dumouchel wrote:
Shawn Ramsey wrote:

Shawn
Egad Shawn, a plane or a ship? :o :o next thing you will suggest a ............. Gundam :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Rod
I don't even know what that is so chances are I won't ever build one and if you all do I will be along for the ride and follow with a smile on my face. :D

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage