Where is everyone?

Anything relating to the site itself is posted here - announcements, changes, feedback etc.
Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Where is everyone?

Post by Philipp Gross »

It's gotten a wee bit silent lately? :? Everyone still alive and well?

As for me, I'll be on vacation in Switzerland for a few days starting tomorrow. I'll be back on the 27th. Hopefully someone's still around when I come back :P

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Olivier Carneau
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by Olivier Carneau »

Still alive after my last job move. In fact, I retired from the army at the end of July. My "new" home needed some work as it was a holiday house and we always said we'll do this or that when we definitely live here.
In addition, the house is full of furniture and whatever you need to live decently. So accommodating all what we had in the other house has been a bit tricky. To tell the truth, the garage is full of boxes, furniture and other stuff waiting for the living room to be extended and a new kitchen to be installed. All this means some extra months before I can resume working on my models.
The good thing is I have found all my modeling stuff and my workbench is ready to go ;)
Olivier
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Still alive but Work and family life are crazy busy. Also switched gears on projects to get the WWI GB finished by 11.11.18, but struggling to pick up where I left off :(
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Michael Power

Post by Michael Power »

I'm here, just finished drilling holes. :roll:

Michael

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Good to know I'm not the only one who's been kept from the bench by that silly "life" thing :lol:

For me it were a bunch of social obligations, as befitting my birthday week. Oh well, it involved good food :roll: :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Still here
Managing life's ups and downs and a duff knee.
Had my spurt of activity earlier this year.
Might find it again?
One day!
Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

I'm still here. Nothing out of the ordinary to report from me other than a touch of the LAZY virus has crept in replacing all the necessary MOJO to get things done. I'm sure I will have a relapse into NORMAL mode and a resumption of activities will occur in the near future.
In other words I have no reason for not contributing :oops: I better get back to the bench :lol:

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Hey chaps, i am here too. But i can't get my modeling into gear Image

I'm not going to give up though. Got 6 months to go in this god forsaken job of mine. It's draining me to no end. After work and weekends, i have no enthusiasm to do anything.

I am struggling on with my ambulance and wrestling a 1/350 submarine into submission, and trying to set up a small airbrushing station in the house, but i am forcing myself to keep on with itImage
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Late as usual. Basically from 17 SEP - 02 OCT wife and I were in Virginia trying to get my Dad's estate in order and everything squared away so my Brother could be the executor. It takes 7-10 days to get a Death Certificate so I was basically a pack mule while we tried to empty his house. Most of his un-built kits and dicasts were donated to the Local IPMS group and the rest were sent to MODELS FOR TROOPS. The hardest part was throwing away all his built models. He was the one that got me interested in model building and that has been the one constant in my life. Hopefully get settled back into the swing of real life and get back into the building and finishing swing in a couple more days.
Last edited by Mark Aldrich on 09 Oct 2018, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Sorry about your loss Mark. I can imagine there are more pleasant activities out there... :(

Regarding my continued absence, due to some more personal matters I'm having a bit of a rough time right now. Kills each and any motivation besides maintaining basic vital functions. Nothing too dramatic, things will sort themselves out eventually...

Philipp
Completed Campaigns: