What about site builds

Anything relating to the site itself is posted here - announcements, changes, feedback etc.
Mark Aldrich
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: What about site builds

Post by Mark Aldrich »

No loophole....

Per Paragraph 5, Section 2, Subsection C of the Modeler's guide to Basic Model Building Contract (which I KNOW all of you have a copy). It specifically states, and I quote. "Removing the parts from a sealed bag constitutes the act of construction, regardless of the intent for removal".
Subsection C was approved back in 1976 after the Brian Deshazor vs Group Builders Inc when it was brought to the Attention of the group that Brian had actually removed the sprues from the bag, washed and dried them, and reinserted them back into the bags giving him a HUGE advantage over the competition. This incident is the WHOLE reason the majority of model manufacturers now heat seal their bags to ensure that tampering with the bags is more readily noticeable.
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Mark Aldrich wrote:No loophole....

Per Paragraph 5, Section 2, Subsection C of the Modeler's guide to Basic Model Building Contract (which I KNOW all of you have a copy). It specifically states, and I quote. "Removing the parts from a sealed bag constitutes the act of construction, regardless of the intent for removal".
Subsection C was approved back in 1976 after the Brian Deshazor vs Group Builders Inc when it was brought to the Attention of the group that Brian had actually removed the sprues from the bag, washed and dried them, and reinserted them back into the bags giving him a HUGE advantage over the competition. This incident is the WHOLE reason the majority of model manufacturers now heat seal their bags to ensure that tampering with the bags is more readily noticeable.
Mark

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If it makes anyone feel better I got busy at work today so I never had a chance to wash the sprues. :roll: BUt there is always tomorrow. 8-)

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Rod Dumouchel

Post by Rod Dumouchel »

Darn this is getting tough just spent 20 minuets looking over the kit again, I so want to take the sprues out of the bag and take a closer look. Must resist because you know if I take them out of the bag it will be all that much harder to not take out the clippers then the files and sanding sticks and before you know it the glue bottle is open. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Regards,
Rod

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Ummmm. ...my kit has no bags :roll:
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

I don't have a copy of the Model Builders Contract :|
Woody...

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

I think you have to stand in the corner for three minutes and can't start your build until Tuesday!
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Damn, this is going to be tough.

What if i told you the kit is second hand and some of the bits are already off the sprue and in a ziplock bag? :?
Woody...

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Rod Dumouchel wrote:Darn this is getting tough just spent 20 minuets looking over the kit again, I so want to take the sprues out of the bag and take a closer look. Must resist because you know if I take them out of the bag it will be all that much harder to not take out the clippers then the files and sanding sticks and before you know it the glue bottle is open. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Regards,
Rod
Just buy another kit just like the one you have and know one will ever know you started the first one. :twisted: The new one can be the proof it had not been started.

That is one reason why I never understood the whole show the pic of your model with your phone next to it to see the date as proof the kit was not started. :D Who's to say they did not have more than one of the same kit in their stash.

I know John Hale has several of the same Sherman kits in his stash. Not saying you would do that John. :) Your just one of the last ones I can think of who showed us a pic with all those Sherman's you have.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Rod Dumouchel

Post by Rod Dumouchel »

Shawn Ramsey wrote: Just buy another kit just like the one you have and know one will ever know you started the first one. :twisted: The new one can be the proof it had not been started.

That is one reason why I never understood the whole show the pic of your model with your phone next to it to see the date as proof the kit was not started. :D Who's to say they did not have more than one of the same kit in their stash.

I know John Hale has several of the same Sherman kits in his stash. Not saying you would do that John. :) Your just one of the last ones I can think of who showed us a pic with all those Sherman's you have.

Shawn
That opens a whole other can of worms, my wife would know when the credit card statement came in. Not good. :o :o :o

I think the whole picture thing with the news paper, phone etc. is a little silly. The point is I would know so I'll wait till Monday. :( ;)

Regards,
Rod

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Love it,

it's just what we need, some fun and knocking the cocked hat off of all those stuffy forums that have so many rivet counters and not modellers quoting ""chapter & verse"" at everyone ;) ;)

I don't have *$£**?

Opps nearly gave it away for all those who haven't tried to pin the kit on the modeller yet :o

Roll on the 1st and we can get down to business and find out who is doing what 8-)

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage