Sniper Viginette

The place to show those figures or busts you've created.
Justin Wooding

Re: Sniper Viginette

Post by Justin Wooding »

Hi Steve!

Thanks for dropping in :)

Yep summer is coming and the grass grows.....and grows.....and grows.....and.......lucky my lawn is only a fraction of the size of the last house :lol: Yeah it will get hot, but give me summer over winter here any day! I love the warm weather, even when it is 40 degrees and i absolutely love daylight saving 8-)

I have discovered Mr. Black Publications which has inspired me to get into the figure. I will make a post elsewhere about Mr. Black.
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!

Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Very nice Justin! :mrgreen:

Don't be too hard on your camo pattern! I'm usually way so scared of the German late war patterns that I resort to decals, so... yeah - your ghillie suits look awesome! :D

...That's not to say that the base doesn't look stunning! :D

And clever observer that I am I suspect you did this with Vallejo acrylics? Double-stunning! ;)

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Allo Raoul!

Thanks mate. And yep you are very clever, i used Vallejo. I intially put down a base coat of Humbrol enamel and let it dry thoroughly so i have a nice hard base coat to apply everything else to. The Vallejo are nice to brush paint with. The metal on the rifles is old Humbrol Metalcote.

Glad you like it so far :)
Woody...

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Hi chaps,

Was going to get photos up last night but ran out of time. Some forward progress on the figures :o

All glossed up with Tamiya clear acrylic.

I let the Tamiya clear dry for a good couple of days and then hit it with a raw umber oil wash. I think i have too much paint as it went on very dark and quite thick. It has also stained quite dark and has not rubbed off as much as i wanted. Maybe i should have wiped it off earlier and not left it for nearly 24hrs? I think with a matt coat and some highlighting and picking out of details though, i can make this work. Anyway, this is just a pure fun project, so however it turns out, i will be happy :)

Wash just applied and still very wet!

Everything is looking better as i wipe off as much of the wash as i can. It has really blended all the colours together, which i am quite happy with, but the the uniforms have stayed darker than i wanted, but these dangerous fellas are going to look good against some ground work :P

Critique and criticsm good or bad more than welcome. Bring it on!Image
Woody...

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

I have rubbed as much of the wash off as i can, and as you can see, the wash has darkened everything quite a bit. But i quite like it, the colours of the camoflauge have blended together nicely!

Now i have to get a nice matt finish!
Woody...

Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

A little dark but with a little dust or mud on the knees and boots it should look fine. Turned out nice.

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

I like how the uniform colours have blended together Woody. :) A matt coat and highlights should really make it pop. Can't wait to see them on the base. :)

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Allo Chris! Yeah, i agree, but i think i can sort it. Boots have to be painted black yet, and they will get a fair bit of dirtying up.

Hi Vincent, theoretically, i am hoping when they go on the base, you won't be able to see them! That's how a good sniper team works isn't it :lol:
Woody...

John Everett
Senior Site Contributor
Senior Site Contributor

Post by John Everett »

I would comment on the excellent work with camouflaged figure paintin; but the figures blend in too well with the background. :D
"You used up all the glue...............ON PURPOSE!" - Darren McGavin

Completed Campaigns:

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Justin Wooding wrote:Hi Vincent, theoretically, i am hoping when they go on the base, you won't be able to see them! That's how a good sniper team works isn't it :lol:
Exactly right :lol: So in theory Woody, you can leave the figures off the base altogether and see if anyone notices ;)

Cheers,
Vincent
Completed Campaigns: