HMS Anemone Flower class corvette

Anything that floats.
Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Re: HMS Anemone Flower class corvette

Post by Vlad Seabrook-Smith »

Raoul Kunz wrote::shock: - seriously: where all the bridge plastic parts unusable? - I mean that's totally possible given the kit's age but boy if this isn't the hardcore PE experience I don't know :o :mrgreen: !
Are the bodies of the dingies resin? they certainly look the part but I wouldn't preclude a balsa wood body... :lol:

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
the plastic is not brilliant, soft detail, overscale thicknesses etc etc, I'm guessing in the design of the etch it was a more elegant solution to change everything out rather than marry the bad with the amazing.
The dinghy is resin yes, funnily enough cast by the company who I used to work for :D there is another one of these to build, and then 6 carley floats, which again are resin and etch.
Completed Campaigns:

Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Post by Vlad Seabrook-Smith »

Rob Matthews wrote:Stunning, Stunning, stunning 8-) . Vlad you really need to be updating us more often - this is a once in a lifetime Build.

That looks absolutely perfect - Fab solder work - What an advert for Great Little Ships and Dave Parkins :D :D

The dinghy is flawless :P The Vent cowls look just fine

More threads please :!:

Rob
Thanks Rob, The vent cowls look passable, but they get a little more detailing, and this is where they fall down as they are not round and vary in thickness.......... this list could go on :lol:

more as and when :D
Completed Campaigns:

Rob Matthews

Post by Rob Matthews »

With Vlad's permission just thought I'd share some Flower related items that I've just received. I'm slowly acquiring"bits" for mine and haven't had the courage to start yet unlike Vlad.

Nial Orr who posts on Britmodeller has done a superb build of HMS Heather which was a minesweeping equipped Flower..

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... s-heather/

He's moulded the Orepesa floats, designed some photo etch for the minesweeping winch and also done some 3D designs that are available on Shapeways.

http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=Niall&type=

The Flower Corvettes had rear depth charge rails of 2 types - "Low" as supplied with the Revell kit and Great Little Ships etch set and "High" which was the type that was fitted to minesweepers and my particular boat HMS Mignonette
Check this out for sheer Wow......(they are moulded one on top of other)

The figure is a 1/72 Heckler Goros (gorgeous) figure

As an added bonus it smells of Marzipan :D

The other items comprising a rear deck roller and an "Otter" which was a wooden sled used with the float kit are equally impressive as are the Dan buoys..

The etch for the winch I'm likely to use on a Round table Minesweeper build in the future

And here are the Floats - really nicely moulded

It's all really Class stuff 8-) 8-)

Big thanks to Niall once again.

Keep it coming Vladness :P

Rob
Last edited by Rob Matthews on 18 May 2016, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

I have no idea what you are all talking about but I'm happy to learn - and I really like these parts too :D

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt Parvis
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Matt Parvis »

Vlad, thank you so much for this build. I've often thought about picking one of these up and giving it a go. Now, I don't have/want to, with this build, what would be the point? :D

Matt

Rob Matthews

Post by Rob Matthews »

And mine when I get started
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Vincent Power »

I can't get over all the detail you added to the dinghy. :shock: Absolutlely amazing Vlad. I feel like I've stumbled into another world with all this floating stuff. I don't even understand half of what you guys are talking about. ;) Thank goodness for the pictures is all I can say. :D

Cheers,
Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt Parvis
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Matt Parvis »

Rob, considering all the bits you have already collected, your future build only adds to my relief that I can avoid one overly large project. Plus, with all the 1/200 battleships coming out, can a 1/72 destroyer be far behind? That'll fit the bill for me. :o :D

Matt

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Matt Parvis wrote:Rob, considering all the bits you have already collected, your future build only adds to my relief that I can avoid one overly large project. Plus, with all the 1/200 battleships coming out, can a 1/72 destroyer be far behind? That'll fit the bill for me. :o :D

Matt
I'm with Matt. What you are doing with this build Vlad and what Rob wants to do makes me not want to even try.

All the PE Vlad scares the Sh** out of me. Not only building it but what it would cost.

As Rob stated this is a once and a Lifetime build.

Waiting on you to start your Rob.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage