1/72 schnellboot

Anything that floats.
Vlad Seabrook-Smith

1/72 schnellboot

Post by Vlad Seabrook-Smith »

Many of you know this one, its dragged on a while :oops: but I'm getting happier with my painting so progress is being made to drag this one kicking and screaming to the finish line!

So here are some pictures of recent progress, I've taken em so please humour me while I post em :lol: and excuse the slight over balance with the saturation, still getting used to my new camera.

The figures have a long way to go just yet :lol:

And due to the over exposure the washes look a little stronger than they really are :|, I have tried to recreate a boat heavily used during the long campaigns of harassing the north sea convoys, frequently serviced by a tender to ensure a continued presence on the shipping routes

So next up I have to complete the depth charges and racks, and the torpedoes, can anyone recommend an AB friendly bronze paint? and I have to say the end is within spitting distance :D

Any comments very welcome!
Completed Campaigns:

Rod Dumouchel

Re: 1/72 schnellboot

Post by Rod Dumouchel »

This is looking good Vlad, I have the 1/35 scale Schnellboot and have been putting off starting it until I have all the detail sets I wanted before I started. Vinnie was so kind as to send me the Dingy late last year and I was able to get the figure set at my LHS of all places, just need the Tank MG13 set and I'll be giving this one a go after the Group build finishes up here. While it's a different scale you may want to take a look at this blog going on at Plant Armor for some inspiration.

http://planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7214

Regards,

Rod

Rob Matthews

Post by Rob Matthews »

Great to see this Vlad and Absolutely cracking work 8-) 8-)

As to Bronze paint - I've just used some Mr Metal Hobby Bronze - which I'm stoked by - I got mine from "Scale Model shop"

Really like what you are doing with the figures :D

Rob
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Smith
Senior Site Contributor.....
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Chris Smith »

Is the decking real wood? If not you could have fooled me :D Nowt wrong with your painting skills if that's anything to go by.

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Matt Parvis
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Matt Parvis »

Beautiful work Vlad, the detail on this thing is amazing and you certainly got the most out of the PE. This is definitely one of those models that I really wish I could see in person, because I strongly suspect it is even more impressive in person. Looking forward to seeing it complete.

Matt

PS. My only complaint with this is that it really makes me want to start the project I've got planned for the Italeri 1/35 Italian torpedo boat, but I've already got way too much stuff going as it is. :x :lol:

Rob Matthews

Post by Rob Matthews »

Nah you haven't - "look into my eyes, just the eyes...........look into my eyes"

Now when I count to 3 ....... start the Italeri 1/35 Italian torpedo boat.

My work here is done ;)

Rob
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Whenever I hear the term 'look into my eyes' it makes me think of the film 'gothic' the one following Byron and Shelley's drug addled parties.......
Completed Campaigns:

Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Rob Matthews wrote: As to Bronze paint - I've just used some Mr Metal Hobby Bronze - which I'm stoked by - I got mine from "Scale Model shop"
Rob
Thanks Rob, will look into that, this is one area Lifecolor seem to fall down, metallics

And thank you all for the kind comments, Chris, the wooden areas are all photo etch :)
Completed Campaigns:

Vlad Seabrook-Smith

I've just found some of the original pictures I took whilst building this, so for those who are interested this is what she looked like after the Griffon super set was added, taking a straight forward revell kit into something a whole lot more complex.

Thought I had lost these to be honest so its nice to see them again, and reminds me of just how much was changed out
Completed Campaigns:

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Vlad

Definitely one of those builds that is a shame to paint given all that sublime brass work 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....