1/700 HMS Warspite 1915

Anything that floats.
Chris Smith
Senior Site Contributor.....

1/700 HMS Warspite 1915

Post by Chris Smith »

This is just a quick blast through of how this ended up. Thie kit is pretty simple to assemble with some PE also included. I took a few pictures on my phone going along but didn't really attempt to blog it as I finished a lot quicker than expected.

I painted the decks seperately in Tamiya buff and the hull and major assemblies in Tamiya dark sea grey.

The hull is an optional waterline or full and is one piece upper and lower hulls, so no glueing two halves together like with the Airfix ships I built in my youth.

The base is simply a block of styrodur insulating foam with tile cement.

This was then painted in a concoction of Tamiya paints including royal blue, IJA grey, neutral grey.

Once dry and in natural light it seemed too green so I went over it with a wash and some thinned down Vallejo dark sea green.

As you can see I broke one mast so I gave up any idea of attempting to add any rigging. On the whole it was a fun distraction, the build side took at the most two hours, most of the work was the painting especially all the ships boats. I can see me doing another in the future and learning from the mistakes made on this. The big advantage of 1/700 is they don't take up much room and a battleship like this comes in under €30s.

Thanks for looking

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: 1/700 HMS Warspite 1915

Post by Philipp Gross »

Why do all you people insist on tempting me with non-armour subjects? At this rate I'll end up building a flying boat :? :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Re: 1/700 HMS Warspite 1915

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Philipp Gross wrote:Why do all you people insist on tempting me with non-armour subjects? At this rate I'll end up building a flying boat :? :lol:

Philipp

I'm with you there Philipp.

Looks like it was a fun project Chris.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage