MSN-001A1 Delta Plus

Anything that flies
Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: MSN-001A1 Delta Plus

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Thanks everybody! :D

Everything is looking right, as I guess there really isn't a massive amount of reference photos that can be used
to say it should be this that or the other :lol:
Oh there is...in a way... :lol: Though it doesn't really help with the ageing :lol: . =>

I'm changing the general colour scheme only in minor places as it's already a rather dull scheme anyway, nothing overly flashy (except of course that it's a 20m mech though this is accepted in-universe as rather unspectacular :lol: :roll: ) ;) .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Quite amusing that the same universe also acknowledges the fact that a spaceworthy garbage can with a Panzerfaust strapped to the side can fulfil the same role :lol:

(I'm sure Raoul can provide an image :lol: )

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

That would be the "Oggo" ... the Volkssturm version of a space fighter :lol: :lol: .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

All right: Arms!

Here's the basic "inner" arm. it is already made up of 8 parts and has three points of articulation...

Again I will just post the progress since everything is fitting nicely. ;)

Since the plastic really hates everything, I tried out using GW "Nuln Oil" to age part of the shoulder... didn't work out but it stays there, I won't be tempting fate in removing the offending part... say.... did I mention that this is a snap-fit kit? I never used glue... combine the snap fit construction ethic with the hyper-complex highly articulated kit and you get a painters nightmare :shock: :lol: .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Sorry I'm so late to this one Raoul, I missed it completely. :oops: I like what you are doing but I have to admit I have no idea about the subject matter.....at all :? Looks good though. :D

Cheers,
Vincent
Completed Campaigns:

Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Post by Vlad Seabrook-Smith »

Nice Gundam!!!!!

I have looked at these myself on many occasion but I cant seem to land one one I like.

I think I might prefer Battletech, bigger heavier and stompier!
Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Thanks Vincent, Vald! :D

Ah Battletech... my "first mech love", I still have a ton of tabletop miniatures for the game :mrgreen: .
While UC Gundam is more of an extension of mid-late 20th century military mentality and (especially) politics (we're talking "spheres of influence" and "military-industrial-complex" here) Battletech was always more of a quasi 16th-18th century mixture of codes of chivalry and complex regimental histories. And mechs might not be bigger but they certainly are moar stompy and have moar dakka! (GW Ork terminology is great for these things :lol: ). I mean a UC Mobile Suit has it's twin gatlings in the head (if it's made by Anaheim Electronics at least ;) ), a beam rifle of some sorts and maybe a shield and a couple of small rockets... the iconic Timberwolf/Mad-Cat heavy mech has two heavy extended range lasers, two medium extended range lasers, a single medium pulse laser, two batteries of 20 internally reloadable long range rocket launchers (think M270 MLRS)...and also 2 machine guns.

Of course it has no hands, which brings opens up the possibility for me to stop my heavy geeking and subtly re-focus on the current kit progress :lol: =>

And of course there sometimes are Mobile Suits with Battletech-level armament :lol: :lol: :lol: =>

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Post by Vlad Seabrook-Smith »

If you ever want to find a loving home for those Battletech miniatures etc there is one right here!

I've been looking at re investing in the game as I used to love it, it will also be rather fun to introduce Dante as he is starting to show a real interest. Apparently there is a crowd funding project to get something restarted too, not 100% sure of the details.
Completed Campaigns:

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

So thses are already painted or did not paint this?

Either way really impressive for sure.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Jurgen Mares

Post by Jurgen Mares »

Lovely work Raoul.
Impressive paint work.
If it's anything like Bandai's Star Wars kit, separating the parts after test fitting is a nightmare.
Looking good buddy!

Jurgs