Greetings from L.A.!

The place to introduce yourself and say hello to fellow members. Also information on registering.
Mark Aldrich
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Greetings from L.A.!

Post by Mark Aldrich »

As always, I am LATE to the party! Welcome to the PA from a fellow West Coaster!!!!
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Johnny Brosnan

Post by Johnny Brosnan »

Let's face it, Mark --- it ain't really a "Party" until you show up! ;) Outside from the outrageous taxes, it is a grand time ta be livin' on the warm West Coast, given the horrific weather the rest of the country is getting pummeled with! Blech... Been there, done that for many years and my heart goes out to all those suffering through The Second Ice Age.

And John, you remembered that Nutrocker/Nutcracker?!! WOW! Now THAT is an impressive memory (remind me ta take you on my next bank job!) My aim was to finish it for ValleyCon this past weekend (along with several other models), but I learned that such a notion was a delusion of grandeur and alas, did not happen. I worked round the clock on one project and that took up all of my time (and sanity). BUT it is near the top of the list (along with the 1/20th Ma.K Hummel, which I've converted from a drone to a piloted vehicle), so I will be posting picks of those beasts hopefully soon... Hope the weather is reasonable in CO, by the way, John!

Would also like to post some pix of the recent sci fi and armor work (and a couple of models combining the two) very soon... But first, I have to get my Riverine ASPB 100% finished...5% ta go!

I'll say it again: thank you all for the very warm welcome...good ta be amongst pals!!!!!!

With Regards, and Aloha,

Johnny B.
"I love the smell of resin in the morning!!"

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

John,
Would that be the Masterpiece Models one? I know the owner real well and I keep trying to get him into the IDF world! I love his castings!
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Johnny Brosnan

Post by Johnny Brosnan »

Heya, Mark,

Yes, indeed! That would be the Masterpiece Models ASPB kit, which is great! It's a lot of work, for sure, but truly worth it --- I've got mine about 95% done and plan on posting pix here as soon as it is 100% done --- wanting it completely finished (and ready for a dio) is an impetus for completion.

Yep, John G. is a really good guy! He hooked me up with a few extra seats from his ATC kit so I could add 'em to the front of my Alpha boat, per a photo.

I'm a fan of IDF subjects, too, but man, we're seeing more and more of those in kit form with each passing month.

Now that Masterpiece has just released a Swift boat in resin (arg! something else ta save up for!), I wonder what we will see next from them? I know that the Swift has been in the making for something like five years, but I don't know of anything that either Jack Carrico, his pattern maker, or John G/Masterpiece have over the horizon. Would love ta see some more Riverine craft, of course.

Next time you see John, tell him he's got a happy customer in LA --- proud owner of three of his kits and the steel Japanese pillbox casting!

Take care, Mark!

With Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
"I love the smell of resin in the morning!!"