Hello from Karben...next to Frankfurt

The place to introduce yourself and say hello to fellow members. Also information on registering.
Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

Hello from Karben...next to Frankfurt

Post by Raoul Kunz »

I thought maybe we should introduce us again, there may be new members coming eventually and I thought it would be a nice restart (mind you I thought of this only once I saw Steve's post :!: )

So who am I and what do I do?
I'm a student of English and History, aiming to be a teacher of those subjects eventually. I've been doing this for quite a while because..."stuff happened" when I started (id est I almost got my head splattered all over the zebra crossing, near death experience, permanently slightly deformed skull because it took "some" damage and all those happy things..not that I'm bitter, after all the courts decided that I deserve some compensation.. after only 6 years.. but the enemy...err.."opposing" lawyer immediately made an objection and now it's on again...). Sorry, off-topic rant :oops: .

I also do private tuition in a..how do I put this.. it's an institute that does offer these services.. does that make it a cram school? Native speakers to the rescue? :lol:

Regarding modeling preferences (and that's it what this really is about ;) ) I prefer German 39-45 vehicles with a rather pronounced tendency over the last couple of years to go for the "standard" vehicles, Panzer III, IV, StuGs and the like.
I also usually like mid-war vehicles best, not so much the smaller early types (though they do have some merit) or the late war monstrosities, chiefly because I also have a very keen interest in how they where deployed tactically and especially operationally and how these where not tanks for tank's sake but elements of the much older German tradition of fighting a war of movement.

I still lack figure modelling skills, though I'm working on this. Same with dioramas.

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
Last edited by Raoul Kunz on 20 Jul 2014, 23:08, edited 4 times in total.
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Re: Hello from Karben...next to Frankfurt

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Good point well made Raoul, as we all know each other, and as Mr R has already requested a recruitment drive for the new PA site, it would be useful for the "New" newbies to have a background of all the other members not jut for the next few months but also a library if you will for the future too, it could almost be a "profile to update with life changes, the usual stuff, hatches, matches and dispatches sort of stuff, just a thought for a way to keep everyone up to speed with you and your non modelling issues,without making a song and dance about it.
Good to get your motivation on your modelling preferences too, I know some have said they couldn't build the same kit ever again and there is never a need to these days with all the kits available, but for some of us, I am putting myself very firmly in the category, its good to be in familiar space with familiar kits, there are still lots of differences to be able to capture, but we are all different and that makes this a good place to share our enthusiasms about Armour, it is all good.

Welcome to PA Raoul.

regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Yngve Sjodin

Post by Yngve Sjodin »

Great to be back , innit , Raoul!?!:)
"One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage" - Ricky , Sunnyvale Trailer Park

www.hobbyhistorica.com

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Welcome to the fold Raoul :mrgreen:

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Hi Raoul!

Great to see you! :D
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!

Rob Matthews

Post by Rob Matthews »

Raoul - it's a pleasure to be here with you

Rob
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Post by Vlad Seabrook-Smith »

Ah 'the' German gentleman :)

Good to see you
Completed Campaigns:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

But then I'm also usually outwardly calm but subject to SUDDEN AND INEXPLICABLE FITS OF TEMPERRR! :lol:

I love this sketch, if you've seen enough war films you know 'em all ;) .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage