Late comer newbie

The place to introduce yourself and say hello to fellow members. Also information on registering.
Swiftnbold

Late comer newbie

Post by Swiftnbold »

Hi guys,
I'm new to the hobby although I did lash some aircraft kits together as a kid.
My interest is in IDF armour of the 6 day and Yom Kippur wars, whether it be British, American or repurposed Soviet armour such as the Tirans.
I have an AFV Club 1/35 Centurion in waiting and a 1/72 Sherman and Comet kit to cut my teeth on so will probably be asking the usual basic questions so be easy on me guys.😁
I'd be really interested in any references for the Meteor engined, IDF Centurion Shot of the 6 day war if anyone has any?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy"

Olivier Carneau
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Late comer newbie

Post by Olivier Carneau »

Welcome to the forum. Can't help for your request sorry.
I'm eager to see some of your models.
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Welcome aboard :)

we're all a friendly helpful bunch around here so feel free dive right in and don't worry about "stupid" questions or such nonsense :D

That being said, I'm afraid IDF armour isn't my specialty, but I guess the Sho't Meteor is still fairly similar to the original Centurion except for the main gun? It looks like photos are hard to come by since they were all upgraded later.

Cheers,
Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Swiftnbold

Post by Swiftnbold »

Thanks for the welcome.
I may be a bit odd when it comes to kits but I am strangely drawn toward those that require more than light modification.
I have the much berated 1/76 Airfix Sherman Crab which i was going to use as a sacrificial teaching exercise but I've found some info where someone has made a decent attempt at making it what it should have been so I'm going to take it a bit more seriously now, this has led to a similarly berated model in 1/35 scale: the Tamiya T-62! At £15 i think it's worth it for the lessons and experience.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy"

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Welcome to the site and back to the hobby. Looking forward to seeing some of your work and heavy modifications.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Swiftnbold

Post by Swiftnbold »

I would add some photos but those on my phone are showing the error "file too large" when i try to attach them.

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Ah, sorry about that. I've increased the maxium file size to 4 Megabytes, that should suffice for most things :)

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage