Just Checking In and Saying Hello

The place to introduce yourself and say hello to fellow members. Also information on registering.
Justin Wooding

Just Checking In and Saying Hello

Post by Justin Wooding »

G'day chaps!

Just thought i would drop in and say hello and let you know i am still alive and thinking of the gang. :)

Lots and lots going on! Work is mad and our move to my home city of Wollongong is drawing scarily close!

Renovations on our new house are nearly done and we shoot up there to inspect and sign off on the work in early June. Then we have the removalist booked for the first week of July! So much going on and we have just been doing and doing all the stuff we have needed to do, but now it is really sinking in that it is all real. :shock:

I have done no modeling for a long time, everything is packed away, and i can't say when i will get back to any modeling at all. But i will start it up again once we have our lives settled and re-organised.

Time to start afresh with the hobby i think. Keep it simple and enjoyable. No more new kits, i have enough in the stash for a loooooong time. New kits are sadly so expensive now anyway! That's what i built a stash for :lol: :lol:

Sad to see the site so quiet, but then i haven't been supportive either :(

Anyway, i will keep you posted as to where i am at next.
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!

Olivier Carneau
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Just Checking In and Saying Hello

Post by Olivier Carneau »

I wish you all the best for your move and new settlement. I do hope you'll post soon about your resuming the hobby. ;)
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Good to see you back Woody, new digs, new project! :D
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Hey Woody, nice to hear from you. :) Sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment. I hope the move goes smoothly and you can get back to modeling soon.

Cheers,
Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

G'day chaps,

Thanks. I am going to be glad when all this is over. Work, work and more work trying to get everything to go as smooth as possible. Then will will be lots and lots to do at the new place, but i am really looking forward to it all.

I will be back to modeling as soon as practical. I am quite missing being at the hobby table. I know i said i am off buying any new kits, but the line of Lee's and Grant's from Miniart do look appealing. Got an email from Miniart a couple of days ago showing the first Grant. Looks great! 8-)

I'll try and check in a bit more. I have so much catching up to do here! :oops:
Woody...

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Hey Woody! Good to hear from you! :D

Best of luck with your move! I'm sure all the effort will be worth it in the end ;)

As for the site, thankfully we're able to keep some activity going even with enormous pressure from Facebook. I think the excellent quality of the models on the main page speaks for itself 8-)

Please keep us posted about your progress! And of course you're always more than welcome to post here, even if you don't build anything at the moment :D

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Good to hear from you Woody

Best of luck for a smooth and happy move back home.

A Stash is good, it is protection against rising prices and fixed incomes in retirement

Apparently we will all suffer the trade war between China and the USA with plastic kit prices and postage set to rise considerably?

25%?

Regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

G'day chaps!

Well, it's done. The move is done and Mavis and i are finally living back in my home city of Wollongong after 22 years. It's great to be back with family, and it's great to be back by the ocean :D

The last couple of months has been a total blur with the move and settling into the area, the house, work and catching up with family, we are exhausted! Lots of stuff still to unpack and sort through, but everything is going as we expected........or hoped........i think :?

Hopefully i can get a modeling space sorted and start modeling again. All my works in progress are packed away still, so i guess i am going to have to open a new kit. Just have to find which box my tools are in :roll:

Anyway, i hope everyone is well and i shall endeavour to do some catching up.

Welcome to Wollongong (opening image in a new tab will get a larger picture)
Woody...

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Hey Woody, I'm glad to hear you have settled in and it's nice to have you back with us. :) Now stop mucking around and get something started !! :lol:

Cheers,
Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Hi Vincent!

Yes, hopefully i can relax a bit now and put some sort of order back into life.

Got a couple of small armour kits i found in a box.

What is everyone using for hosting photos? I've been using Imgur, but it is not allowing photo editing for me.
Woody...