Pssssssssst.....

The place to introduce yourself and say hello to fellow members. Also information on registering.
Justin Wooding

Pssssssssst.....

Post by Justin Wooding »

Allo chaps,

Still alive. thought i should drop in and say hello Image
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!

Michael Power

Re: Pssssssssst.....

Post by Michael Power »

'Bout time Woody, how have you been.?
Michael

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

IT'S ALIIIIIVE! :lol:

Welcome back Woody, how are you?

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Hey! It's Woody! Welcome back! :D

How's the state of affairs and plastic? ;)

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Hello Michael, Philipp, Raoul

What have i been up to? Not much at all, especially the modeling front. Haven't sat at the workbench since the start of the year. Pulled everything out of my cave and painted it and have never set anything back up. Seem to have lost the mojo totally. Even dropped out of the model club i was attending.

That and work being pretty depressing, the planning of another move next year too as we are moving north back to my home town of Wollongong (can't wait to get away from the winters here :P) has just kept me away from getting the modeling room set back up. I do get the urge every now and then, head into the room and it all just seems so hard.

Sometimes i get the urge to sell everything, but i know that would be a huge regrettable mistake :| I think Mavis would love me to get rid of all the 'stuff' :lol:

I'll get there. I always start to cheer up as winter disappears....

Wierdly though, kits have still been dribbling in from Luckymodel that i had ordered, some even from last year! I get some strange looks from Mavis because i seem to be buying still and not doing any building :roll: And BNA Models has had the odd sale in which i saw some tanks that could not be passed up. It's a crazy hobbyImage

I see the forum is reasonably quiet these days. A bit of a shame to see a lot of the old crew fade away, but hey, i can't judge.

I'll try and stick around and, at least help and cheer you active members on, even if i am not doing much myself. Maybe my mojo will return with spring and summer :geek:
Woody...

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Hey Woody,

we've probably all been at that point and there's always a chance things will be better in the future! How about a nice and simple Tamiya kit? For me that usually helps :D

Just build it, if you want to paint it, a spray can and some brushes should do the trick just fine, no need to break out the airbrush setup yet ;)

As for the site, some of the old folks have left for thrice-cursed Facebook, a few others seem to have stopped modelling altogether in favour of other pursuits. This new site is fairly cheap to run so there's no immediate danger of it going away. In the meantime I try to make it a useful resource for modellers, hoping to attract a few new users...

If you happen to have anything interesting that might be worth sharing on the main page, feel free to send it to me 8-)

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Thanks Philipp,

Damn that facebook! I don't have it and i know a few people of late that have deleted their accounts. I think it is taking it's toll on more than a few websites. Interesting to see tv adds here advertising for people to get on facebook. Never seen that before. I think they may be in a bit of damage control after a few security issues/scares.

I have more than a few simple kits laying around that would suffice. Just have to kill that mental block Image
Woody...

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Welcome back Woody

Life, health and possibly plastic fatigue take their toll but its always good to be sociable too.

Can't say I've been a hyper blogger recently :oops:

But I seem to have built, and painted more than usual, still trying to figure out how that happened :?

Moving is a real stresser, we are sort of planning a move at some time in the middle distance, over the next 3-5 years, ready for retirement, but we want to go in different directions :?

Enjoy being sociable ;)

regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Olivier Carneau

Post by Olivier Carneau »

Nice to see you back Woody!

I know what you mean about moving ;)

Please, share with us your work as soon as you are ready.
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Hey stranger, how are you? :D I wondered where you had disappeared to and it's great to see you back again. Don't be concerned about losing your mojo, it's a normal part of the creative process. No big deal. On the other hand I think that drinking wine is good for creativity too so I could be wrong. :?
How long before you move again Woody?

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage