Pssssssssst.....

The place to introduce yourself and say hello to fellow members. Also information on registering.
Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Pssssssssst.....

Post by Adam Durrant »

Good to see you back Woody. I love the ‘gong, married a girl from there and we go back on occasion. It’s certainly changed from the coal mining and steel town it was, now a beach extension of Sydney!

Having a mental block on modeling at the moment too, too much “stuff” jammed into my workshop and too many projects on the go. Made the decision to shelve any WIP and will start a nice simple Tamiya Mutt/Tow launcher combo when I get back from skiing to try and break the curse!

Adam
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Olivier Carneau wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 22:42 Nice to see you back Woody!

I know what you mean about moving ;)

Please, share with us your work as soon as you are ready.
Thanks Olivier. I have been checking out your Bushmaster and ASLAV. Very nice 8-)
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Vincent Power wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 03:57 Hey stranger, how are you? :D I wondered where you had disappeared to and it's great to see you back again. Don't be concerned about losing your mojo, it's a normal part of the creative process. No big deal. On the other hand I think that drinking wine is good for creativity too so I could be wrong. :?
How long before you move again Woody?

Vincent
Allo mate! Yeah, going ok, apart from being too busy. Not a huge wine drinker but the ol Wild Turkey Honey goes down easy :lol:

Our move is planned somewhere around Feburary/March next year. We would go this year, but just so much to do. We are not just moving around the corner this time. This year is screaming by so fast! :|
Woody...

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Adam Durrant wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 04:34 Good to see you back Woody. I love the ‘gong, married a girl from there and we go back on occasion. It’s certainly changed from the coal mining and steel town it was, now a beach extension of Sydney!

Having a mental block on modeling at the moment too, too much “stuff” jammed into my workshop and too many projects on the go. Made the decision to shelve any WIP and will start a nice simple Tamiya Mutt/Tow launcher combo when I get back from skiing to try and break the curse!

Adam
Thanks Adam! You married a Wollongonian? What suburb is she from?

Yes the steel industry has wound down greatly, so has the coal. Wollongong Harbour is slotted to become a major ocean liner terminal in the future, so tourism will be the thing to be involved with.

And you're right too in saying it's a beach extension of Sydney. If it wasn't for the natural barrier of the Royal National Park, Wollongong would have merged with Sydney years ago

The Tamiya Mutt is not a bad little kit. Hard to wrong i guess using a Tamiya kit for a relaxing project. I shall see what i have on the shelf in easy reach :P
Woody...

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Glad to know you is still alive! Mojo and weather. For me it's the heat. Every year we say we will get central air and something always comes up. We get so few hot days we just bear it out. Last night I went into the man cave and by the time I put on my optivisor to paint, I was dripping and that was after the portable had been running for about 15 minutes. Plus, with the Nationals fast approaching most of my time has been getting the models I am taking for the MEWSIG table dusted off so they all don't look like they have been sitting in a post apocalyptic landscape.
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Bulli Woddy, her old man was in the boiler making trade making steel hull boats.
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Hahaha....there you go. I was born in Bulli Hospital :D
Woody...