ID this piece?

German, Japanese, Hungarian, Italian, etc
Yngve Sjodin

ID this piece?

Post by Yngve Sjodin »

Hi guys.
Im back from an expedition to the Kurland frontlines where we was searching the forests and exhuming a Red Army massgrave,,now that was something else to do a Saturday afternoon. In one of the areas we was searching there had been fierce battles. Between two ruined farms there was dug outs for a couple of mobile artillery vehicles. Earlier this summer we found several bits from a blown up panzer or tracked vehicle and lots of 7.5 cm shells. I dug a signal under a tree behind the dug outs and after hacking some roots away I found this rustted lump, Its not so rusted now after cleaning and I am hoping some of you panzer geeks might know what vehicle this sat on. It is an antenna part as you can see from the pics,,I hope someone knows this part:) Photos attached.

Link to the trip report --> http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/kurlandla ... expedition
Attachments
DSCN4790.JPG
DSCN4790.JPG (159.34 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
DSCN4789.JPG
DSCN4789.JPG (196.27 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
DSCN4786.JPG
DSCN4786.JPG (223.1 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
"One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage" - Ricky , Sunnyvale Trailer Park

www.hobbyhistorica.com

Vlad Seabrook-Smith

Re: ID this piece?

Post by Vlad Seabrook-Smith »

It looks like the pillar that the notek light sits on, with its corrosponding bracket for mounting on a vertical surface.

That's my best guess.
Completed Campaigns:

Yngve Sjodin

Post by Yngve Sjodin »

I dont think its for a Notek. As you can see in this photo the attachment point is very tiny and there seems to be no grooves for any screws..
Attachments
DSCN4793.JPG
DSCN4793.JPG (214.08 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
"One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage" - Ricky , Sunnyvale Trailer Park

www.hobbyhistorica.com

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Vlad could well be right Yngve - https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=notek ... d=0CBsQsAQ

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

Yngve Sjodin

Post by Yngve Sjodin »

Hmyes, I see it now..

www.hobbyhistorica.com