What to build next

Non-modelling related topics. Keep discussions civil. Flaming and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

What to build next

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Its been a few weeks since I finished my Gratitude vignette. I actually have the motivation to build something but I just can't decide what I want to build.

I know the group builds are going on but I don't have anything SiFi to build and I just don't know if I want to build start another AA build. I currently have a AA diorama started. I would like to start something new.

How do you guys decide on what to build next?

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Adam Durrant

Re: What to build next

Post by Adam Durrant »

I stand staring at the stash. I pull a few out, open the boxes, shake my head and put them away again. Then I buy something online, put it in the stash, then pull something out of the stash because I just saw a great build review on YouTube :lol:
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Adam Durrant wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 01:02 I stand staring at the stash. I pull a few out, open the boxes, shake my head and put them away again. Then I buy something online, put it in the stash, then pull something out of the stash because I just saw a great build review on YouTube :lol:
I am right there with you and I would almost bet a lot of other guys are the same way. :lol: :lol:

Not much help there by the way, but I appreciate the response. :D

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Often I get weird obsessions with a subject that may last for a few minutes or several months. Usually because I saw an interesting photo or read about it in a book...it's completely unpredictable :lol:

What kits do you have in mind? Perhaps we can share some ideas :D

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Philipp- I have narrowed it down to one of these. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only thing for I know for sure is I want to build something I have, well maybe anyways. :roll:

I love half tracks, but 50% of the models I have built have been half tracks. I have not built a tank in a really long time.

I like this but I just built a US vehicle.

I know I do want to build a Vignette again(I know thats a surprise to everyone), but its going to be on a small base with no more than two or three figures.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

How about the Greyhound? I really liked this kit. Even if you add photoetch and metal barrels it'll be quick and fun :D

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Philipp Gross wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 02:01 Often I get weird obsessions with a subject that may last for a few minutes or several months. Usually because I saw an interesting photo or read about it in a book...it's completely unpredictable :lol:
Philipp
Me too, 2017 was Chinese digital camo, 2018 tank trailers and trucks, 2019 was 1:32 planes :oops:
Still working on building the retirement stash, I might end being a mandatory Corvid-19 retiree when its all over!
Adam Durrant wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 01:02 I stand staring at the stash. I pull a few out, open the boxes, shake my head and put them away again. Then I buy something online, put it in the stash, then pull something out of the stash because I just saw a great build review on YouTube :lol:
Been there, done that too Adam :roll:

Brave man Shawn, Flashing the stash too ;)

There is a small MiniArt base still in the stash? a Farmhouse?

A nice base for a European scenario?

Small vehicle with 3/4 figures 1940 with the Tamiya Krupp Protze and AT?

Or late war with the US jeep and figures?

Your Pz III DAK was superb too, so perhaps a simple North African with a lorry and a few figures?

A small Russian tank with some tank riders in a winter setting?

Looks like too much to choose from, Shawn!

A GB sort of focuses you and reduces the choices?

I am sure it will be a winner whatever you pick

Enjoy the problem

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Olivier Carneau

Post by Olivier Carneau »

Build the model you have in your stash for the longest time. ;)
That's what I do when GBs do not help motivate me.
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Philipp Gross wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 03:17 How about the Greyhound? I really liked this kit. Even if you add photoetch and metal barrels it'll be quick and fun :D

Philipp
Gotta say I saw the Greyhound as well, nice small kit, quick build.
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Thanks so much for the response guys.

Great idea about building the oldest kit in my stash Olivier. Not sure which one that is but I know the Pz IV with the flak 88 on it was one of the first ones I bought. That would fit into the AA group build to, but I'm not sure I want to tackle that kit right now. :roll:

Steve- You are correct about that being the Miniart farm house kit. It's one of those kits has two bases in one. Definitely not ready to build another Miniart building right now. They are great kits and I have built several but they are a lot of work.

Philipp- Tamyia kits are an great idea but :roll: :o

Adam- Funny you should mention the Greyhound because that is one of those kits I was inspired to buy because of a blog on Armorama I was following. Nothing quick about this one. :lol:

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage