What to build next

Non-modelling related topics. Keep discussions civil. Flaming and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Jan Persson

Re: What to build next

Post by Jan Persson »

Philipp Gross wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 03:17 How about the Greyhound? I really liked this kit. Even if you add photoetch and metal barrels it'll be quick and fun :D

Philipp
Funny - that was actually also the first kit that caught my eye :o - also it is Tamiya, you can never go wrong with Tamiya.

Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Well I was going to go with the majority vote and start the Greyhound. I even ordered some tires with chains on them and a aftermarket kit to make the front wheels turn to one side or another. Once I gathered everything on the bench and started looking through it, I have way to much after market and PE for it. I even found a set of Voyager PE fenders and storage boxes I forgot I had.

I just don't want to start a build with all of that,

For some reason my interests keep me looking at another halftrack.

Dragon 6425 Sd.Kfz.250/8 w/7.5cm K.51 L/24

I dont have any PE for it so it would be a out of the box build.

I would use these figures from Alpine 35077 middle bottom row.

I need to sort it out by Saturday. I really want to start building something. I need to keep my mind of this COVID 19 stuff. Working in the medical field, it honestly scares the hell out of me.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Matt Parvis
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Matt Parvis »

Shawn, I'd say build the story you want to tell or the goal you want to accomplish. For me, having a goal of telling a story or learning a new technique helps to keep the motivation going. Although, considering how much I've actually finished in recent years, I may be fooling myself. :roll:

Matt

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Matt Parvis wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 14:03 Shawn, I'd say build the story you want to tell or the goal you want to accomplish. For me, having a goal of telling a story or learning a new technique helps to keep the motivation going. Although, considering how much I've actually finished in recent years, I may be fooling myself. :roll:

Matt
I'm right there with you Matt. The build I just finished is the first build I have finished in about three years. :o

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage