Happy New Year!

Non-modelling related topics. Keep discussions civil. Flaming and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Happy New Year!

Post by Philipp Gross »

I know you Kiwis can't wait as usual :P

How was your year? What are your plans for 2018?

As for me, the biggest single event was the move in late November, something long overdue as Raoul will happily confirm :oops: On top of that, I've made some progress at work, lost a little weight and grew a beard :lol:

Of course, taking over Plasticarmour and becoming its new evil overlord is also sort of important :lol: I'm certainly glad the transition worked out fairly well and we didn't lose too many members while doing so. Of course the old problems still remain the same. I might yet create a Facebook page to increase the reach of our site. More on that later.

As far as modelling goes....started a lot, finished slightly less....this year's results:

My top priority for 2018 should be finishing at least the stuff I wanted to be done with by now :lol:

See you on the other side!

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Happy New Year to one and all

Following our new overseer, started some kits, finished precious little :oops:

Still not bearded and weight is an up and down issue :oops:

One Knackered knee and a walking stick, means it is sneaking up!

Facebook sounds OK, more companions de plastique would be good, and a great motivator to us all.

I am sure we all have plenty to share and more to learn.

2018 will hopefully be a better year for finishing, and I shall start my 3 GB's with the very best of intentions :roll:

Regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Happy New Years everyone!

2017 went well, managed to complete 4 of 5 group builds. Still have work to do on the photography front. Similar to Philipp, lost some weight, grew a beard but also bought a dog.

2018 should be good as I have no plans at all :D Modelling wise my plan is to build from the stash rather than increasing it in size!

Adam :D
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Happy new year everyone! :D

I failed the engineering GB pathetically in 2017, though I'll try to actually get the current GBs on their way at least in a halfway acceptable amount of time.
I'm also already ... "already"... now that's somewhat pathetic really... anyway- I'm in the deeper planing and acquisition stage for a 14-18 diorama. That might actually manifest before 100year armistice day :oops: :lol:

I still do have a beard (as I've had for by now for about 18 years ;) ) but modified a bit in the moustache region so it's now twirly :lol: . And ain't it dapper? :roll: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

I also still have three cats :lol: .
(actually one, mine of course, was diagnosed with deadly death cancer of doom... which he, as it turned out, didn't have and he's still good for another 7 or more years :? ;) )

So here's to the hope of actually getting to build something again this year!

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Happy New Year Gentlemen. :)

I'm hoping for a much better year than last year. Life has a funny way of presenting us with challenges so I'll approach 2018 with great optimism that I can overcome those obstacles, unless of course everything falls apart then I'll plunge into the depths of despair :lol:

This year I plan to complete more kits than I buy. I think I said that last year too and it didn't quite work out. :roll: On the other hand I'm really enjoying building cars at the moment.

Anyway, I wish you all a prosperous and happy 2018.

Cheers,
Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

New Years resolution. To finish the pile I have at the foot of the desk. With the Wife getting me the Nagmachon I would love to join the build but since I haven't finished the last one (M31B) I will refrain and attempt to finish what I have.
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns: