I Am Back

Non-modelling related topics. Keep discussions civil. Flaming and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Rod Dumouchel

I Am Back

Post by Rod Dumouchel »

Hello been a while a lot has happened since I visited last.

With the down turn in the economy here in Western Canada, my employer laid me off. After spending several months looking for work (not a lot out their for 50 some year old middle managers) I decided to open my own business. What better than an on-line hobby shop.

So back in May of this year The Kit Bunker opened for business. It is a little different hobby shop. I specialize in pre-owned kits. I did this as many kit distributors will not sell to on-line shops, or the terms are just ridicules (many have their own on-line retail business) I am also launching my own line of laser engraved and cut diorama accessories.

In June I launched my website www.kitbunker.com it has been a big learning curve and I still have lots to learn but I am enjoying myself. I am sure it is only going to get better.

Regards,
Rod

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: I Am Back

Post by Philipp Gross »

Welcome back Rod! :)

I'm glad to hear you're fine - and that you've made the best of a bad situation. Best of luck to your new shop, I'm sure it'll do just fine. After all, who doesn't like a good discount? :lol:

Let me know if we can support you in any way!

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Hi Rod

Nice to see you back again

Hope the Kit Bunker is working for you.

I know how hard the market is for the over *0's :(

I'm living the 50+ dream, with regular, low paid employment, but better than nothing :roll:

Whats on your bench at the moment?

Regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Olivier Carneau

Post by Olivier Carneau »

Glad to see you again and to read that life is better for you now. I wish you all the best for your online shop.
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Out of curiosity, how much would shipping to Europe usually cost for a kit?

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Hey! It's Rod! :D

Good to hear that you found a way to make lemonade! ;)

I would also be really interested the conditions of getting some of the items you offer back to the old world, maybe combine with Philipp, we do this anyway all the time ;)... (did this come out... wrong or am I imagining things because the in-laws where supplying us with alcohol all day? :lol: )

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
Last edited by Raoul Kunz on 08 Oct 2017, 00:25, edited 2 times in total.
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Blame the booze :P

Alright. Order placed, saved a ton of money despite having two boxes of plastic sent around the globe.... what a time to be alive.... :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

(I ordered the Ib in this order - and yes - it's really a substantially ..err..substantial [fail critical loquaciousness check, results in -7 eloquence; constant status effect while intoxicated; loose prestige -5] :roll: save when compared to retail prices here... :mrgreen: )

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rod Dumouchel

Post by Rod Dumouchel »

Thanks for the encouraging words, sorry I did not respond sooner. This is the Thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada. Had a great day today with family. Ate way to much Turkey can hardly move. :D

Steve the last year has been such roller coaster ride, I have not spent much time at my hobby bench, I want to change that. I wanted to video blog my builds to try and showcase some of the products in the store and have some fun at the same time.

I have been working with the Capital City AMPS chapter on the annual show and contest here in Edmonton since it stated, this year was the 7th annual show back in August. In the seven years since the show has started I have never built a model for the theme. I want to change that for next year. Next years theme is First in Last Out, WWII Recce vehicles. So I have dug out a Tamiya M8 Greyhound and am going to Build a RCD (Royal Canadian Dragoons) Greyhound in Holland late 44 early 45. I will be using one of the laser cut diorama bases I will be offering from the Kit Bunker.

Trying to catch up on the posts I have missed over the last year, you guys have been busy!

Regards,
Rod