Life after Klear

Information and questions about modelling techniques to create that masterpiece.
Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Life after Klear

Post by Gary Boxall »

Wondering what people use now Klear is not available. Used the last of mine up and struggling to find an alternative which works just as good.

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Life after Klear

Post by Adam Durrant »

After lots of research when I started modeling again I think I have a replacement. According to the web "Long Life self shining floor polish" is Klear rebranded. I got a bottle from Bunnings about two years ago. It airbrushes straight from the bottle, self levels really well and dries fast. Tamiya decal solution and Micro set/sol don't affect it. I've sprayed Alclad lacquers, Tamiya acrylics/lacquers, AK and Mig Acrylics and Humbrol enamels over it with no issues.

AK Interactive also have a product they are calling "future clear" but I have not tried it and vol/$ the floor polish is a whole lot cheaper!
Last edited by Adam Durrant on 14 May 2017, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Looks like a trip to Bunnings is on the cards then :D Thanks Adam.

Gary

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

This is the stuff

I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Thx. Confirms what I found on their website. Short list of Ts & As today so should be able to go this arvo and pick some up and miss the traffic :D

Gary

David Schemel

Post by David Schemel »

Adam Durrant wrote:This is the stuff

While this may do the same job on your models as well or better than Future/Klear, I don't believe it is the same stuff. Future/Klear is made by SC Johnson and is currently marketed under the Pledge brand in the USA and apparently in Australia/New Zealand also. Although I work for SC Johnson, I don't use Future much for modeling but know folks who do.

Dave
Dave Schemel
Improving my modeling one mistake at a time.