Latest additions

Show us what you just added to your stash here.
Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Latest additions

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Okay, I got a book! - Or more precisely a book for me arrived - I pre-bought it months ago when it was a kickstarter thingy by Ian McCollum.

It's awesome, if a little geeky and only very remotely connected to us here topically.
If you are building Great War stuff you'll get most of the pre-interbellum rifles if you look at reserves and pretty much everything gets thrown into the fray in a war of materiel anyway.

Oh and it's the blue pre-sale edition with signature and cocktail recipes :D .
The normal one is a red one - maybe a bit faster :lol: .

It's done very much in a late 19th-centurey-esque art nouveau style which is something I dearly love... I mean I have an art nouveau poster that essentially promotes gluttony in our kitchen :lol: .

Yes, it even comes with gilt edging ;) .

Cocktails! :lol:

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
Last edited by Raoul Kunz on 20 Mar 2020, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt Parvis
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Matt Parvis »

Raoul, the book looks great and the addition of a recipe for a French 75 makes it epic. If you've not had one, give it a try, they are awesome. One piece of advice I'd give on making them, adjust the amount of simple syrup based on how much of a sweet tooth you have.

Matt

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Ah, the first Gospel of Gun Jesus has arrived :lol:

Can't quite compete with such a treasure, but here's more Tiger decals for your local Tiger lunatic:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Oh, that's nice and Tigeriffic Phillip! :D

And Matt - I've been making these since I encountered the recipe in one of McCollums videos - he used to be a bartender :lol: .
So far I've fuddled it down to a cheaper and a more expensive version - i.e. with Champaign or with regular sparkling wine as well as changing the gin from dirt cheap (it's still nice - kind of hard to get a un-tasty gin :lol: ) to rather expensive, though I'm somewhat unwilling to invest in expensive gin since it's one of those things to me... like red wine (oh my mother would crucify me :lol: ), that goes like this for me (cheap to expensive) => "same, same, same, same, same, same, ohhh nice how much is this one? How much is this one!? :shock: "

There's a couple of original recipes in the booklet too - If anyone interested I could post them?

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt Parvis
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Matt Parvis »

Raoul, you should take a look at Spain, Gran Reserva Riojas can be had for next to nothing compared to equivalent bottles from places like Bordeaux or Napa.

Not really directly modelling related, but, cool to me so I thought I'd share it here. Picked up a couple of weeks ago:

Original printing from 1963. Found it on Amazon for $40USD. I haven't had time to really dig into it, but, it does have a complete communication log from Gordon Cooper's flight which in looking at very briefly has some real gems.

More directly related to modelling, got this the other day after it went on a long journey. I ordered it from a seller in Gettysburg, about 1.5 hours from home and USPS sent it first to New Jersey, then San Francisco, then LA, back to DC and finally to me. Nice little tour of the US! Anyway:

Matt

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Very nice gentlemen

More cocktails

More Tigers and always more historical lunar exploration, especially if it's from the time period

and colour mixing is almost as much a black art as soldering to the artistically challenged

Nice haul chaps

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Let me know what you think of the acrylics book Matt, I’ve had it sitting in my shopping cart for a while at BNA but unsure about hitting buy!
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Meng GlobeMaster My Grand Daughters Dad worked on these while he was at McChord so we are going to give it a go.

Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Because I did not know I would be an "ESSENTIAL" worker, I bought these thinking I could build them while trying to finish some kits. Well, it will be a bit before I can get to these.
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Those are different Mark.

Alpine Miniatures was offering 30% off with free shipping. Had to take advantage of that for sure.

I have never painted a figure other than 1/35 scale. Had to add something to change that down the road. :roll:

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage