Latest additions

Show us what you just added to your stash here.
Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: Latest additions

Post by Philipp Gross »

Very nice :D

How is the quality of their kits? I haven't seen much of their stuff being used so far. Their Argentine Sherman conversion is tempting....

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mark Aldrich
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Like I said the badge definitely needs lots of cleanup. The Jeep set seems nice but until I get paint on it, you never know how the printing lines will look. It you are talking about the 35473 Sherman repotenciado conversion it does not appear to have the turret mounted fuel tank included with the set.
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Bummer,
The rear stowage box on the jeep set is riddled with printing lines so I will probably use it only as a master to build my own. The Machine gun arms do not appear to have suffered as badly and the MG34s will need to be sourced else where. All in all not worth the cost. :(

Completed Campaigns:

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Splashed out on the full set of AK Weathering pencils. I've tried them in the past and quite liked the effects you can get.

I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Interesting....how does that method work? Any chance you'd write a tutorial I could put on the main page? :D

Got myself a bit of literature for a topic I know embarassingly little about:

These are based on the previous Osprey titles but greatly expanded and overhauled. Unless you already have all of the New Vanguard issues, this is excellent value for money, as each book is about 25 Euros.

There's also one on British tanks from WW1 to 1939 and another for post-war stuff is coming in early 2020.

And while we're at it:
Technically this was a warship, so it's relevant here :geek: And yes, that's the Michael Palin.

Haven't started yet but the reviews say it's good. It might feature lumberjacks, but probably neither dead parrots nor cheese shops.... :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Picked up two more kits. The September Club build is COLD WAR NOT TO INCLUDE VIETNAM AND MEWs. I found a picture at Checkpoint Charlie (during the Crisis) showing a BTR-40 on the Russian side.

The December build is 1/24 or 25 Automotive. This was my very first car kit that I built all by myself. Wish I had pictures of the first one so I could compare my abilities.

Completed Campaigns:

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Love the old artwork on the Willys box Mark. :) I hope you will share the build with us. I know I'd love to see it. :)

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Went to the shop mostly out of boredom to see what new ancient reboxes have been thrown onto the market when I stumbled across this:

Yes, it's old and simple and of questionable accuracy but it was dirt cheap, just 13 euros.

The savings were promptly reinvested into some reference material:

Of course I'll just have to make things complicated, so I'm going to use my Tamiya M4 and a resin conversion kit to make an M32B3 based on a small hatch Ford M4A3. I'll surely find a different use for the M4A1 upper hull :lol:

Maybe I'll do this one:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Vincent,
Will definitely share pictures. Will not turn out anywhere as nice as your builds but I don't do cars so it should be fun. I have already started Easy Offing some of the chrome and the engines halves have been glued together. There are two really nasty mold seams around the front fenders that scare me.

Philipp,
The old Italeri kit is not bad. Of course the only Country I know that might have used a wide hatch M32 was Italy (IIRC) that was basically converted from a useless gun tank.

Completed Campaigns:

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Surfing through EvilBay last Sunday and came across this! Did not realize it was out yet and "of course" I had to HAVE it. However I build it, the tracks will be tossed for T54E1s, but I bet it is a great kit.

Completed Campaigns: