Latest additions

Show us what you just added to your stash here.
Raoul Kunz
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Latest additions

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Now that my presents are completely collected (the ones that are hobby relevant that is) I should post them here but I'm currently too drunk on home-made rakija by my, my that's slightly complicated... it's been made by my sub-bosses father in-law (a Croatian MD actually who came here back when the Yugoslav succession crisis escalated into full scale war, he's back now) and given to me for Christmas last year... aaaaanyway, the stuff is way too good (but gone... :cry: ... ;) ... :mrgreen: ), so no listing today, but on the morrow there will be a little something (actually four items, got to be the largest hobby related haul on a birthday for years :lol: ) to post, kits and shells and all that ;).
Then why am I posting this!?
Probably because I really should post more here and I'm slightly inebriated (but that aside...) I've been really busy with all the assorted annoyances of everyday live... I need a holiday... oh wait, I'll have one one in late October so why am I moping! :roll: :oops:

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
Last edited by Raoul Kunz on 29 Sep 2018, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

As your administrator I clearly support drunk posting, it's way better than not posting at all. And I'm really glad you like your present :lol:

Philipp
(who had just as much of that stuff :oops: :lol: )
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

So, now with less inebriation :oops: .

Let's start out with the setup: cake, a psychedelic one actually :lol: =>

And here's the one thing to blame for the whole shameful episode :lol: ...=>

Now let's get to the point, because I was given some really awesome presents! :mrgreen:

First there's this one here from my in-laws (now that they've learned how to use amazon wish-lists the presents got better :lol: )
=>

Next up is our own Steve Hutchinson.
A beautiful IA training tankette by Tristar, in a HoBo box - awesome! :mrgreen:
=>

And as if this hadn't been enough already I also found this "little" kit in the box (among cat and people treats! :shock: :mrgreen: )
Now this one is something I've been eyeing for a while and had most definitely on my mental list, and lo - there it is... this may very well immediately follow the IV B :mrgreen: .
=>

Lot's of really early war / late interbellum kits, probably because of me also fiddling around with the Great War diorama which to a degree flows into the next one.
Which is the extremely subtle and clever bridge to the present I was given by Philipp - totally interbellum! :lol: :oops: :roll:

A honest to the gods Fk 16 n.A. spent shell from 1936! The Fk 16 n.A. was the revamped and re-barrelled from 77mm to 75mm version of the Fk 16 field piece from the mid Great War period.
It was initially given to the cavalry divisions (while those still where around) because it was never modernized to the level that it had something more modern than the wood spoked wheels intended for a horse drawn limber.
It eventually ended up (wait, that's redundant, isn't it? :lol: ) with the infantry divisions because, well, the cavalry divisions went the way of the dodo... as did the, never as plentiful as would have been desirable to begin with, motor towing for the artillery ;) ...and of course the longer the war lasted the older and more low-tech everything went anyway :lol: .

Anyway - here's my new flower vase / table bell / beer cooler /conversation piece. :mrgreen:
=>

Edit: Better photo of the shell's bottom =>

Huge thanks (and, as usual, formulated in a pretentious way) here to all the honourable benefactors! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Nice haul there Raoul, better than the socks and undies that I normally get!! :D
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Again couldn't help myself, just released from Bronco...

The box is huge, and lots of goodies inside....

...and for $20, an oldie but a goodie...

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Oh, very nice, I really like the Duster! :D
It has a distinct "could probably also work as an AT mount" feel with the twin 40mms ;) .

There was a little acquisition on my part recently, part of my eternal quest for affordable good looking sandbags, so far I've got the ones that will just be in the walls, the "low def" ones figured out :lol: .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Nice hauls everyone! :D

The Panther kitten is a really weird yet fascinating vehicle. Too bad it was cancelled in early 1943. I should really finish mine, the Amusing Hobby kit was my last project back on Modelarmour. Only needs a little paint...

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

I’ve seen some nice builds on Pinterest where people have replaced the turret with AA mounts, searchlights, radar turrets....lots of good “what if” stuff :D
Completed Campaigns:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Yesterday Raoul and I ended up at a more or less local hobby show organized by one of the few plastic modelling clubs in the general area...

Lots of nice models to see, a contest, decent food and, of course, tons of stuff for sale by both private sellers and professionals.

I guess you know what happened next...

Got both for 40 Euros - the M12 comes with an old Verlinden interior set and Eduard photoetch. The Panther comes with DS tracks... :roll:

I took a lot of photos and will put together a report once time permits.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

Philipp,
That M-12 was so much fun to build. I am almost tempted to drop the monies for the Tamiya M-40 and build it as I had wanted to using the AFV Club kit (that was such a pain, I just gave up).
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns: