Tamiya Mk.IV Male Tank

Any new kit information or scale model show coming up?
Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Tamiya Mk.IV Male Tank

Post by Gary Boxall »

I see that Hobby Easy are listing the new 1/35 Tamiya Mk.IV Male tank at US$56 / GBP32. A tad expensive methinks which will probably put a lot of modellers off (who wants a motorised toy anyway? :roll: ). Either Tamiya will need to release a cheaper priced non motorised version or people will turn to the Takom offerings which I have no doubt will be much cheaper...

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: Tamiya Mk.IV Male Tank

Post by Philipp Gross »

In Germany the Tamiya kit is listed at 66.95€, the Takom kits at 49,99€. I'm fairly certain Tamiya lowered the prices already, otherwise I wouldn't have been surprised if it had cost twice as much.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Philipp

Yes, they are cheaper than most expected, but when you look at other kits out there which not only have higher a parts count but have included PE detail, the Tamiya kit doesn't represent good value for money IMHO. The real issue is teh inclusion of motorised parts which obviously puts up the RRP. How amy modellers out there want to build a scale model and then having it running around the carpet? Unless it's something for the cat to chase :lol:

Gary

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

.... and just seen on LuckyModel the Takom offerings are on pre-order for US49.99.

Gary

Matt Parvis
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Matt Parvis »

$56 USD is a surprisingly low price to me. Tamiya's Hetzer with the little bit of PE is $108 and their Jagdtiger is $160 :shock: , so, $56 seems really low. Of course, it is a little bit like thinking the large popcorn at the movies is a good deal because it only costs a little more than the small and it is three times the size, never mind the fact that it is popcorn and you just paid $8 USD for it. :roll:

Matt

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Surprised me too Matt. Unless LM have got it wrong - or Tamiya have a special inital price?

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=TA%2030057

Gary

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Gary Boxall wrote:.... and just seen on LuckyModel the Takom offerings are on pre-order for US49.99.

Gary
Ordered a Male and Female yesterday and also the new AK Interactive WW1 paint sets.

Now i wait....Image
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!